Headlamp height setting

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

JayCee

Headlamp height setting

Postby JayCee » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:07 pm

Hello All,

I have a 2001 4x4 MT Pathfinder with a 3.3 V6 and am blinding people on the highway.

I tried turning the "screw" that supposedly lowers or lifts the headlamps but they have hardly moved.

Would appreciate advise. Which direction for lowering? Do you need to turn them maaaany times?

Thanks in advance,

JC

festerfm

Postby festerfm » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:54 pm

yeah u need to turn it alot!! i believe it's the screw toward the center of the truck that does the height.. something to try, park about 10ft from a garage or building and make sure u'r flat. mark where the light is b4 you adjust it with either a marker or some black tape.. then just start cranking the screw with the lights on and watch what direction the light moves. remember at only 10ft away, an inch or so of movement is a HUGE adjustment on the road. i always adjust mine at nite and go for a drive after every little adjustment

festerfm

Postby festerfm » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:55 pm

yeah u need to turn it alot!! i believe it's the screw toward the center of the truck that does the height.. something to try, park about 10ft from a garage or building and make sure u'r flat. mark where the light is b4 you adjust it with either a marker or some black tape.. then just start cranking the screw with the lights on and watch what direction the light moves. remember at only 10ft away, an inch or so of movement is a HUGE adjustment on the road. i always adjust mine at nite and go for a drive after every little adjustment

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”