2002 Roof Rack Removal

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

JPath2002

2002 Roof Rack Removal

Postby JPath2002 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:59 pm

This guy who works in the building of where I work told me that if I don't use the roof rack I should remove it as it will give me better mileage...is this true? If so, how do I remove the factory roof rack? I haven't checked the manual yet... :D but if anyone could let me know that would be appreciated.

He also noticed that my roof racks were not straight and asked me if I noticed the car dragging to one side ...which I haven't really paid attention to...but in any case if removing the roof rack does better mileage or helps in fuel savings I would want to remove it as right now i'm soon to hit the 250K :)

rs3gold

Postby rs3gold » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:43 pm

Contenders should have with The multitude of aesThetic togeTher with practical competencies to be a success on Their opportunities.

moymurfs

Re: 2002 Roof Rack Removal

Postby moymurfs » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:23 am

JPath2002 wrote:This guy who works in the building of where I work told me that if I don't use the roof rack I should remove it as it will give me better mileage...is this true? If so, how do I remove the factory roof rack? I haven't checked the manual yet... :D but if anyone could let me know that would be appreciated.

He also noticed that my roof racks were not straight and asked me if I noticed the car dragging to one side ...which I haven't really paid attention to...but in any case if removing the roof rack does better mileage or helps in fuel savings I would want to remove it as right now i'm soon to hit the 250K :)
If it really bugs you, you could remove the cross bars. They are the ones that cause a LITTLE drag. I doubt there's even a 1 mpg difference. Removing the long rails leaves screw holes exposed.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”