Starting Problem

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

boogie

Starting Problem

Postby boogie » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:55 am

Greetings everyone,

First thanks for taking the time to read into my problem. I'm not to sure what's going on.

I have a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD 3.5 V6

It started a little over a week ago. I went to get some food and all of a sudden my car wasn't accelerating correctly and my check engine light came on. I took it to advanced to have the readings done and it came back with bad camshaft position sensors for bank 1 and bank 2.

I replaced both the camshaft position sensors and when I went to start the car it took 3-4 times to turn over and start. I thought that was really weird since it wasn't giving me that problem before I replaced the sensors. But since I've changed the 2 sensors it accelerates beautifully!

So I thought maybe it was a crankshaft position sensor. I purchased one and replaced it and now it will crank on the first time but it takes about 4-6 seconds for it to turn over.

I did some research and thought maybe it was the spark plugs since they were definitely in need of being changed. I changed all 6 spark plugs but the problem still persists.

So I decided to take it to advanced and have my battery, alternator, and starter tested. All came back in perfect shape. My battery is only 11 months old and I have no electrical problems like dimming lights.

I have also added fuel injection cleaner as well.

I have no idle problems, it drives great when it does start.

I'm kind of at a loss of what it could be....any ideas??

Thanks again!

boogie

Postby boogie » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:33 am

Well I've done a lot of research and I'm thinking it might be the fuel filter. Hoping when I get home I can pop that on and I'll be in the clear. If not I guess I'll suck it up and go to someone who will rip me a new one

fistfulofpowder

Postby fistfulofpowder » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:28 am

So Was it the fuel filter? I hope so because I too am having the exact same problem....

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”