Cheap strut shock choices....HELP

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

ejlesher

Cheap strut shock choices....HELP

Postby ejlesher » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Thank you all in advance for your input!

Now for my suspension question:

I have been working steadily toward making my pathy as road worthy as possible because I would like to go on travels with it versus to being restricted to my local area. I am about to pull the trigger on buying some struts and bushings to replace the stockers...they are shot (256,000 miles). My pathy has the electronic adjustable suspension, but I am really limited on funds for my toy project. So here are my options:
Monroe OE Spectrum
KYB GR-2
SENSEN
ULTIMA

Also should I replace the springs? I really have no clue on weather or not to do so...most say that they should be good still, but I have read a lot that pathy's wear out....thoughts....

and no I am not looking to lift it at this time...depends on the future...if I do a complete overhaul on the engine and drivetrain, I will lift it then, but more than likely I will have moved on to a different toy at that point...unknown as I am really enjoying this pathy despite its decrepit state currently.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:47 am

KYB-G2's would be my choice.
If the ride height is in spec, there's no reason to replace the springs.

borninabarn

Postby borninabarn » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:11 am

2-KYB KG4163 Rear Shocks and KYB Front Struts P#
1-KYB 335030 Left front Strut assy
1-KYB 335031 Right front Strut Assy
If you want to go with your stock replacement rear coils Part # is MOOG 81115 I put these on mine and I see that the 81115 Moogs are on sale at Amazon for $35.63 a pair.Amazon had the lowest prices when I was looking on the shocks and struts also.I went through the Warehouse Deals at Amazon and got my Rear KYBs for $11 each I am not sure if they still have them at that price now or not?You will want to check out rockauto.com for any parts you need!They usually have the BEST PRICES on automotive parts in the USA.They might even give out an additional
5% or 10% to Nissan Path members.If you want to lift your Pathfinder a little you can checkout the Lift Spacers that I put all the info on this site in the classifieds section.There are a few choices in shocks and struts but alot of us run the KYBs.Good Luck!! Born

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”