1999.5 Pathfinder has no reverse and neutral is drive

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

MadMax63

1999.5 Pathfinder has no reverse and neutral is drive

Postby MadMax63 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:43 am

Hey, I recently bought a 1999.5 Pathfinder and once I got it home I found out that when I put it in reverse it just revs like it is in park, and when I have it in neutral or drive, 2 or 1 is goes forward. Park is still Park. Does anyone have tips on if it can be fixed or do I need a new transmission? Thanks!

unmeloy

Postby unmeloy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:23 pm

i am assuming this is an auto tranny... had a similar issue with a vehicle... could be that the cable going from the stick to the shifter box on the tranny is loose or broken... when mine happend i put it into park and it went into neutral and couldnt get it into anything else(orsomething like that been a while)... had to climb underneath and manuall shift level on the box into park to start then put on e brake and shift into drive to move it home... was a pain in the but to replace that cable but a buddy helped and we got it done in a few hours... had to take apart center consol and carpet up front...

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”