1996 pathfinder tempeture

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

waelkd

1996 pathfinder tempeture

Postby waelkd » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:21 am

Hye,

Ive realized lately that my cars temperature is always below the middle by 1 or 2 cm on the cold side. is that normal?

Thanks

Hooligan

Postby Hooligan » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:25 pm

It's normal to have it on the cool side of the mid point. Gives you more time to respond when it starts creeping up. You didn't mention whether you owned the car for a long time. If you notice that the temperature takes a long time to rise to normal then you may be without a thermostat. When you first start the car and start driving the temperature should climb to the normal level rapidly and then stay just below the mid point.

waelkd

Postby waelkd » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:45 am

Hooligan wrote:It's normal to have it on the cool side of the mid point. Gives you more time to respond when it starts creeping up. You didn't mention whether you owned the car for a long time. If you notice that the temperature takes a long time to rise to normal then you may be without a thermostat. When you first start the car and start driving the temperature should climb to the normal level rapidly and then stay just below the mid point.
Hye, No i just bought the car. and yeah the thermostat goes to just below the mid point and stays there. so i guess am good.

Thanks man

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”