Does it need lubing?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

AZRoushStang

Does it need lubing?

Postby AZRoushStang » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:52 pm

So back in the day, it used to be a lube, oil and filter for an oil change on a car....But I haven't seen any grease fittings under the car....So am I just missing them, or is there no lubing required now? I haven't seen anything in any service manuals...so either there is no hub/chassis lubing, or I have been missing it for awhile and I need to get on it.....

Any thoughts?

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:20 am

I always lube it no mat........ahh, the pathy you mean. (couldn't resist)

Good question. The only thing in the owners manual I could find relating to lubing was a reminder to check hinges and hood latch and lube as required. I also went through the Scheduled Maintenance Guide for all Nissans and there is no mention of greasing anything on the Sched 1, 2 or Premium maintenance schedules. That being said I really want to say I have seen 1 or maybe 2 zerk fittings while under the path, but I can't be definitive on that. I'm sure know as well as I do that everything is now moving away from being serviceable parts and towards throw away. Case in point the Big 3 are moving from removable, repackable wheel bearings @ sub ~$10 to those huge all in one hub units for $130+ :-/ Pricks. Not sure if the front of our junk is like that also.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:26 am

Yeah I found out about the wheel bearing issue the hard way on my Saab. Over $400 for a hub assembly and the dealer was actually cheaper than the shops distributor. Of course it was caused by the Jersey highways.

Back on the subject, I haven't seen squat for fittings and I do all my own oil changes. I have to do another this weekend, if I have time, so I'll try and look a little closer.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”