Bose Stereo

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

Burt

Bose Stereo

Postby Burt » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:15 am

The Bose Stereo came with the 2006 Pathfinder LE. The Pathfinder is a great vehicle but the Stereo is much too boomy and the mid top end is not that crisp. Does anybody else find this the case? I have the base 2 notches below center and the treble and mid tone 1 notch above center to try to get a nice crisp balanced sound with mediocre results. I see that some (Triffid) have swapped out the speakers for Alpines or maybe others. Why did you swap them out…..and….did this help much with sound quality?

Thanks in advance
Burt

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:58 am

Since it's my wife's all I have done is the same as you. I think that's the same exact settings I did. One thing about Bose, is that they are usually bassy to make up for their inadequate mid and upper range. Usually changing speakers will make the sound crisper, since the paper cones that come with most cars sound horrible. I changed to boston acoustics in the Saab and it made a world of difference.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Re: Bose Stereo

Postby Triffid » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:43 pm

Burt wrote:The Bose Stereo came with the 2006 Pathfinder LE. The Pathfinder is a great vehicle but the Stereo is much too boomy and the mid top end is not that crisp. Does anybody else find this the case? I have the base 2 notches below center and the treble and mid tone 1 notch above center to try to get a nice crisp balanced sound with mediocre results. I see that some (Triffid) have swapped out the speakers for Alpines or maybe others. Why did you swap them out…..and….did this help much with sound quality?

Thanks in advance
Burt
I found that my '05 SE Offroad did not have much bass and the highs also sucked... I replaced the two front and rear door speakers with the Alpines... The sound was much more crisp and added some bass... I will change the tweeters and the sub soon... Hope this helps........ Triffid

amr40509

Postby amr40509 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:29 am

Triffid,

Did you have Bose or regular? I have the non-Bose and would like to replace my speakers, but wonder if the non-Bose system would have enough power to drive better speakers.

Right now my stereo is stock, with a Sirius unit wired in using a direct antenna adapter. Sound quality isn't awful, but it's no where near good enough to keem me satisfied.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:50 pm

amr40509 wrote:Triffid,

Did you have Bose or regular? I have the non-Bose and would like to replace my speakers, but wonder if the non-Bose system would have enough power to drive better speakers.

Right now my stereo is stock, with a Sirius unit wired in using a direct antenna adapter. Sound quality isn't awful, but it's no where near good enough to keem me satisfied.
I have the Bose system 6 disc in dash with the Nissan/XM turner......... Triffid

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”