Nismo PF?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Gray

Nismo PF?

Postby Gray » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:50 pm

I keep looking at the 08 Nismo Frontier and wondering what bits and pieces I might be able to adapt to my PF to turn it into a semi Nismo unit. Listed for the Fronty are the Nismo /Bilstein front shocks and I see some Nismo Offroad wheels on the N Fronty's but have any checked to see if the front suspension bushings are poly rather than rubber or if the stabilizers are thicker. What other pieces other than decals and carpet mats might be adaptable.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: Nismo PF?

Postby NVSteve » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:12 am

Greybrick wrote:I keep looking at the 08 Nismo Frontier and wondering what bits and pieces I might be able to adapt to my PF to turn it into a semi Nismo unit. Listed for the Fronty are the Nismo /Bilstein front shocks and I see some Nismo Offroad wheels on the N Fronty's but have any checked to see if the front suspension bushings are poly rather than rubber or if the stabilizers are thicker. What other pieces other than decals and carpet mats might be adaptable.
I like the idea. I'm betting the Nismo, just like the Toyota TuRD, probably don't use poly bushings. Aside from badging, I wonder if there is any difference between the PF Bilsteins and the Nismo ones? The wheels and such are great additions, but I don't think buying any key (badged) components would be worth it, such as suspension or shock related. It's nice, but still OEM. If you find a source for some cheap Nismo stuff, let us know.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:30 am

The R-tune Headers, Intake and Thermostat seem to be the only performance options available across the board. There are a set of 18" Nismo 18x8 wheels or something like that for the frontier, but there is a VDC disclaimer on them.

I recommended a guy at work look into the Nismo Fronty as a replacement for his 01 Taco ended up trading in both his and his wife's Tacos for a Fornty Nis and a X...

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:31 am

Pretty sure the Off Road Pathfinder is basically the same as the Nismo Off Road Frontier ... Rear suspension is going to be a bit different due to the Path being independent .... But over all the same additions ...

Gray

Postby Gray » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:12 pm

SHAWNATGERBROCK wrote:Pretty sure the Off Road Pathfinder is basically the same as the Nismo Off Road Frontier ... Rear suspension is going to be a bit different due to the Path being independent .... But over all the same additions ...
Hmm, yes looking through the US OR PF spec's I see they come with Bilstein shocks, probably heavier springs and maybe some other improvements...unfortunately the OR PF isn't offered this side of the border. I might have to do a bit more research into the exact differences and find a company willing to ship the components north to upgrade the truck. :)

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:29 am

Greybrick wrote: Hmm, yes looking through the US OR PF spec's I see they come with Bilstein shocks, probably heavier springs
If you can figure out if there is a difference between the OR springs and the non-OR springs, you can have mine if you pay for the shipping.

EDIT: looks like the same spring for all models:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/betasite/p ... _6918.html

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:46 pm

NVSteve wrote:
Greybrick wrote: Hmm, yes looking through the US OR PF spec's I see they come with Bilstein shocks, probably heavier springs
If you can figure out if there is a difference between the OR springs and the non-OR springs, you can have mine if you pay for the shipping.

EDIT: looks like the same spring for all models:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/betasite/p ... _6918.html
Thank you for the kind offer Steve,

interesting that the OR PF comes with exactly the same sprongs as the other models. Does this mean by putting on some Nissan Bilsteins I get to elevated status of Offroad? Dang, might have to buy some stickers to let the whole world know. :D

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”