I'm shocked!

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

mar1
Sponsored Member

I'm shocked!

Postby mar1 » Sun May 20, 2012 3:18 am

i decided to put my pathfinder on the market, and go for the 2012 model.
dealership of course gave me an extremely low buyback price, so took it to a friend of mine who owns a used car lot.

he inspected it and found at least 4 non-nissan items installed on it, including a non-genuine windshield, front headlight, and accessories from my accident.

over the past 4 years of servicing at their workshops, mechanically everything that was changed was genuine, including brakes, shocks, struts, but everything body-related was some stupid fake no-name brand. when confronted, Nissan just denied altogether and produced the paperwork saying they installed all original and i had changed it elsewhere!

the sad part is they CONFIRMED ITS NOT ORIGINAL but denied installing it! WTF NISSAN ??

dared3vil00

Postby dared3vil00 » Sun May 20, 2012 9:17 pm

One word; Stealerships.

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Sun May 20, 2012 9:28 pm

Sounds like the dealership is padding their profits. You could file a complaint against them with Nissan Corporate. It may not go anywhere immediately, but it's one step closer to something being done provided they have done this to many customers and not just a few.

I guess it's a lesson learned for next time. Did your friend just look at the parts to see what MFG name was one them?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun May 20, 2012 10:38 pm

You could also file a complaint with the Better Business Burea.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:17 am

AZ_Path wrote: I guess it's a lesson learned for next time. Did your friend just look at the parts to see what MFG name was one them?
no brand, just a nissan sticker where the engraving should be. on my left headlight there is a Nissan engraving in the plastic and a sticker for the part number and barcode and stuff.. on the replaced one, only the sticker, and the plastic feels different. i'll try get some pictures if i get the car back

as per his inspection, he expects my headlight to go yellowish within 2 years while the original stays clear.
smj999smj wrote:You could also file a complaint with the Better Business Burea.
they can easily cover their tracks by showing the paperwork installations as original parts. Nissan corporate though might be a better bet, maybe they're not aware this dealer is spoiling its name.

or maybe they are aware and i get a free GTR to shutup :P

dared3vil00

Postby dared3vil00 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:23 am

A free GTR to shut up that they don't use OEM parts, and I'll be on a road trip to get work done at that Nissan dealer :D

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Mon May 21, 2012 2:06 pm

mar1 wrote: no brand, just a nissan sticker where the engraving should be. on my left headlight there is a Nissan engraving in the plastic and a sticker for the part number and barcode and stuff.. on the replaced one, only the sticker, and the plastic feels different. i'll try get some pictures if i get the car back
If the sticker has the part # and bar code just like the OEM part then I think Nissan Corporate would be very interested because now someone is making counterfeit OEM parts. That's a more serious level of fraud because someone is knowingly putting OEM stickers on non-OEM parts which shows intent rather than what could be excused as an innocent mistake. Now the dealer has to prove they were defrauded by their parts supplier otherwise they are guilty.

hfrez

Postby hfrez » Tue May 22, 2012 6:03 am

Take them to small claims court without an attorney. Will not cost you much and with a certified letter from another mechanic (who must be Certified as a Nissian mechanic) you will stir up the hornets' nest. Most likely they will not let it go to court and you might be able to get the deal of a lifetime on a new 2012.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Tue May 22, 2012 6:51 am

the legal system in this part of the world works a bit different than the US.
i doubt a lawyer would even touch a claim like this.

i'm gonna wait till i get the car back (if it doesnt sell), and i'll draft a letter with images to Nissan middle east.

mtbpath

Postby mtbpath » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:25 pm

pretty sad if this is true that OEM was not installed.
I did notice your in Dubai. never been there, I think its amazing how fast it as grown and developed to what I see in pictures.
i just wonder is that how they can their money but doing this type of scam.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:26 am

any company that opens here is half-owned by a local sponsor, and cant be registered except under their name.

Nissan is owned here by Rostamani (locals). you'll always find someone that tries to pull a trick or two to save some cash, specially after the recession kicked in a couple years back. its not the general case, and its not condoned, but it happens..

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:36 pm

So have there been any ofers on your Pathfinder?

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:04 am

a few but market is kinda dead.

its normal price should be about $20k now, but market price is about 17. best offer i got was for 15.5

if it doesnt get 17, i'll just give it to my wife-to-be and get myself a car from the dark side (5.7L Tundra) :oops:

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:52 am

Better a Tundra than a Ford!

hollywoodstylin

Postby hollywoodstylin » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:42 am

Do people in Dubai even buy used cars? I guess all I ever see on TV/internet about Dubai is that is basically a baller's country. But then again, there will always have to be those that need to serve the ballers.

Return to “R51 General Chat”