Hill Start/ Descent Assist?

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

ThePainClinic

Hill Start/ Descent Assist?

Postby ThePainClinic » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:23 pm

Do all PF's have this or is it an option? I have a 2010 LE but I don't see any switches for it, nor is their any info about it in the owners manual.
I have one blank switch in between VDC and the passenger seat heater buttons. Would that be where it's located?

Respectfully,

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:02 am

IIRC, only OR versions of it have this option. Mine also doesn't have it, and it's an LE.

I also have that blank too, was hoping to use it for the locker ... but that doesn't seem likely to happen anytime soon. :cry:

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:44 pm

The blank is where the HDC would be if you had it. I have an LE as well and don't have it. I think it only comes on the SE-OR versions.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:57 pm

Yes, it's only available on the "Off-Road" models.

NVRDONE

Postby NVRDONE » Thu May 30, 2013 9:33 pm

Has anyone removed the cover to see if there is a plug for the hill decent switch ? I would think that nissan wouldn't make a different wire harness for the le and se or. If the plug is there then maybe someone can figure out what's on the other end that makes the hill decent work. Any thoughts?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu May 30, 2013 10:23 pm

Having worked for Nissan for many years, you'd be surprised at how many different main harnesses there are for just one model of vehicle! Also, the ABS actuator is different between the SE and SE-OR models, which is a $1300 part in and of itself. The SE and SE-OR also had different valve bodies in the auto transmission, not to mention the LE's had a completely different transfer case and the HDC/HSA systems use input from the transfer case. Who knows what else is different regardless of the harness? If you want the HDC and HSA, your best bet is likely to buy a Pathfinder SE-OR.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”