The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
A/C climate control on steroids!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zen_master

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: A/C climate control on steroids!!! Reply with quote

There are myriad climate control threads on these boards as they relate to the R51. However I have not been able to locate my particular issue.

My A/C system is on steroids. Granted, it beats the opposite -- a weak A/C system, but it is freezing me out and I'm concerned that eventually I'm going to freeze a hole in the evaporator core (never a cheap repair).

Here's what I'm experiencing: I cannot seem to adjust the temp when I run the A/C. It is either on or off. Fan blower speeds work fine. But whether I have the interior temp set to 65 or 85 as long as the A/C is on it is blowing out ice cold air (presumably 60 degrees since setting the temp to 60 does not make it any colder).

Ultimately what I end up doing is manually adjusting by dialing down the fan speed and/or directing the dash vents away from me once I get to cold. Occasionally I will cycle the A/C on and off manually to give myself a break from the cold air but as you might imagine this is annoying.

This is all occurring in a 2011 LE V8.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? One way to sum it up is to say it seems the only A/C temp selection is always set to max cold (60 degrees), regardless of what temp is selected on the climate control display. For the record I am not using the AUTO feature. It's well documented it is a joke in the R51.

Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 General Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: