Need advice - thinking of buying a newer used Pathfinder

Discussion topics related to the radiator and transmission failures in all Nissan trucks, education of the public on this issue, and attempts to force Nissan to start a recall.

Moderator: volvite

joeb

Need advice - thinking of buying a newer used Pathfinder

Postby joeb » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:54 am

Hi,
Just joined this forum and it has a lot of info concerning this dreaded tranny issue. I really like Nissans; having a 1995 Maxima with 212k miles and a 2005 Altima with 84k miles. I was interested in getting a newer used Pathfinder until I read all about this tranny issue. From what I read, all Pathfinders have this ticking timebomb and it's a matter of how many driven miles it has before disaster strikes. So would I be safer getting a newer used Pathfinder with low mileage and replace the radiator? Where can a good replacement radiator be purchased? I'm assuming that aftermarket radiators don't have this issue?

Joe

nexus_7

Postby nexus_7 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:17 am

they all dont go. I had an 05 Xterra that I sold w/ 155k on it no issues. but prevention is always the best way to go. Replace it or bypass it. Done.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:43 pm

It can happen to any radiator with an integral cooler however it's normally not a common problem, with the exception of the 05-10 Pathfinders/Frontiers/Xterras. Most of those problem occur on the 05-07 models. I spent $92 for a made in China unit from Parts Express on Ebay and I've been happy. Many go for the Canadian-made Spectra Premium which can be found readily on the aftermarket.

tlenis

07 Nissan Path with Trans problems...

Postby tlenis » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:01 pm

I really loved my 07 Pathfinder until the transmission went. I only had it for one year and at 86k miles I started having the transmission/radiator issue. Took it to the Nissan dealership and was charged $2500 deductible plus taxes to get the truck fixed because I was out of the warranty. I filed complaints with Nissan because I was never notified of any problems. I would've gotten it checked out while I was still under warranty if the idiots at the dealership had told me about the problem while it was there getting an inspection. I have always loved Nissan but now I don't recommend it to anyone. :evil:

Return to “Nissan Transmission FAIL”