Cabin Airfilter changed

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

kpath

Cabin Airfilter changed

Postby kpath » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:19 am

Hellomall,
I purchased my 05 path Le used with little under a 100k on it. Well last I came across an post on here about cabin airfilters which I never heard of before. So I did a search and found a guy on www.youtube.com that was actually demonstrating how to properly change the cabin airfilter change.
So went to Salvo auto parts store purchase a set of cabin airfilters went home and proceeded to change my cabin airfilter. When I pulled the first one out it seemed petrified like it may have been the original set and on top of that there were alot of leaves and debris as if birds were nesting in there.
So next I pull the next one out and it was worst then the first so you could imagine. So then I cleaned out the chamber and put the first new filter with ease the second one was a little tight fit but I finally got in.
After changing the filter and putting everything back. I turned on my path just to hear the air circulation through the chamber a awesome big difference like night and day.
I'm so glad found this site great intel.
My trivial question is how did your cabin airfilters looked when yoi took yours out for the first time?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:39 pm

I purchased my 08 LE used. When I replaced my cabin air filter, they were dirty but I didn't have all the debris in mine. Glad you found the forum and hope you find more threads that will help you with any issues you have.

kpath

Postby kpath » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:36 pm

volvite wrote:I purchased my 08 LE used. When I replaced my cabin air filter, they were dirty but I didn't have all the debris in mine. Glad you found the forum and hope you find more threads that will help you with any issues you have.
Thanks Volvite will do.

unmeloy

Postby unmeloy » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:45 pm

make sure you look at these threads...

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewforum.php?f=38

cabinpath

Postby cabinpath » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:34 am

Changed mine a few dates ago after buying mine with 52k a few weeks ago (2008). It was a mess and filled with all sorts of garbage...

The bolt was missing and it was held by this plastic thing...I broke it by mistake and had to connect it with another bolt I had. Annoying.

Line unmeloy mentioned, you should look into the whole SMOD issue we are very very prone to it.... Especially you. 2005 model had the most of these happen according to carcomplaints .com

Just do the bypass unless you tow. Then you should replace the radiator

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:54 am

First time I pulled them out:

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:42 am

Mice?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:24 pm

"The bolt was missing and it was held by this plastic thing...I broke it by mistake and had to connect it with another bolt I had. Annoying."

The bolt for the cabin air filter door (which is actually a stud on a clip) is something that is shown on some instructions to replace the filter, but did not come on the vehicle. I believe this was the original design intent, as the bracket for the stud/clip and the whole in the access door exist, but it never made it to the production line. I guess the Nissan engineers decided that the plastic clip would suffice. If anyone actually has that stud/clip part on their R51 or knows a part number, we'd love to know! I "rigged" a setup on an 08 using a 6MMx1.0 bolt, flat washer and two nuts to create a threaded stud for the access door to slide over, then put a nut on to secure the door. There's probably some type of stud/clip assy. available on the aftermarket that can be used with some searching.

kpath

Postby kpath » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:13 am

NVSteve wrote:First time I pulled them out:

WOW!

Return to “R51 General Chat”