2008 Factory DVD Monitor

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

saopm

2008 Factory DVD Monitor

Postby saopm » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:32 am

My DVD monitor is broken and my kids are freaking out. I took it apart and the printed circuit wire/tape that goes from the Monitor to some other component in the overhead pod is broken/cut. I'm guessing I need the whole assembly. I see one on EBAY for a 2007 pathfinder but it looks slightly different and I’m not sure it will work in my 2008. Does anyone know if it would or where I can find and used one for 2008 and up? I tried the Nissan Parts counter but they are useless.

-Tim

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:43 am

best bet would probably be ebay. there is a company called lkq which has the largest group of scrap yards. google them for the contact information.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:19 am

I would buy an aftermarket replacement. I've seen an '05, '07, '08 (mine) and a '10 that all had different units. I think Nissan just used the lowest bidder for each year. Just find the wires for the courtesy lights and the wire for the DVD player power and hook it up. Unless you have the unit that interacts with the dash – not sure what's involved there.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:04 am

I forgot to ask you what manufacture made your screen. It can should be able to be sent to them for repair. I work for honda and I send out units every now and then. Get me the name and I will search the repair facility for you. Turn around time is usually 3 days after they have received it. They also will give you a price quote for repair before you ship it.

saopm

Postby saopm » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:45 am

Thanks for the feedback. The monitor connects to the radio so I prefer to get the unit fixed or find a factory replacement on eBay. I tried IKQ but no luck. Perhaps one will pop up in time. My unit is made by Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. LTD. Below is a pic of one of the part numbers I found on the unit. I believe the part number is just for the circuit board and not for the entire roof mounted unit. The second picture is the printed circuit wire/tape that I need. I’m not sure how to get a hold of the company since they are in Japan. If you have the contact info I would greatly appreciate it.

-Tim

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:16 pm

give this a try and let me know how it turns out.

PASA c/o United Radio (Panasonic)
776 Highway 74 South
Dock: UR1
Peachtree City, GA 30269
800-423-8150

saopm

Postby saopm » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:58 am

Thanks for the Panasonic contact info. It seemed like they were going to help me until they asked for my dealer number. When I said I was the customer the conversation ended and they said I have to go through my local service dept. I called my service department, explained the problem, and I can hear the guy scratching his head. So the service rep said he would look into it and call me back. Take a guess if I ever got a phone call. At this point I said enough is enough. I took a second look at the unit on ebay for a 2007 Pathfinder. It looked exactly like mine so I got him down from $175 to 85$ delivered. I figured it worth a shot. The unit fit but the plug from the car was different. I only needed the printed circuit wire (see the second pic I posted) so I harvested it and installed it into my DVD unit. Now my kids can watch Frozen for the 10,000th time and I can drive with the family in peace.
-Tim

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:52 am

well atleast you got the problem resolved for only $85.00. the dealer should've been able to assist you. some parts people(unlike my super star self) are idiots.

Return to “R51 General Chat”