HVAC Blower motor failed 2008 Pathfinder SE

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

TheUnscented

HVAC Blower motor failed 2008 Pathfinder SE

Postby TheUnscented » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:49 pm

On my 2008 Pathfinder SE, the HVAC Blower motor failed. It started off as an intermittent problem which has evolved into a permanent problem. The AC compressor kicks on and cold air will make it's way through the vents when driving from the pressure from the slipstream. It's definitely the blower motor.

At first I thought the fuse was blown, pulled the fuse and it looked good. Reinserting the fuse--the blower motor started working again! ...for a day. So checking the fuse again, it looked good and the reinsertion trick worked again, for a day. Then that trick didn't work anymore. New fuse, worked for a day then no more. At no time did I ever have a blown fuse (yes, checked both HVAC fuses in glovebox panel). Pretty soon I discovered that simply slamming the glovebox door shut in anger caused the blower motor to work.....for a couple of days. The problem has to be a loose wire or a bad connection, somewhere. But I don't want to accept that because I'm too lazy to pull the dash apart and hunt down the wire. Plus I don't know how to use a multimeter so I wouldn't necessarily know a bad connection if I saw it.

Any suggestions?

So I spend $40 on a new cabin air filter (old one filthy) and a new "front blower motor relay" which didn't help. It seems to me that the most likely area to look is the insertion of the wire into the fuse panel.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”