The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Just bought a 2008 pathfinder LE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pitbull60077

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Just bought a 2008 pathfinder LE Reply with quote

I just bought a very nice 2008 Pathfinder LE from my local Nissan dealer. it has only 40,000 miles on it and looks like brand new. any major issues they have that i need to know about? i bought the nissan extended warranty and maintenance plan as well with it since i plan on keeping it a long time.
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of issues, unfortunately, but perhaps your vehicle's previous owner(s) have taken care of them. The two biggest issues are the radiator's integral trans cooler which tends to leak and ruin the automatic transmission from cross-contamination (which can be corrected by replacing the radiator or bypassing the integral cooler) and the upper timing chains, which can wear out the plastic tensioner faces and cause a loud whining noise (which, when it occurs, can be corrected by updated, upper timing chains and tensioner faces). Fuel sending units have been known to go bad. Front sway bar mount bushings can fail and cause a knocking noise (corrected by updated mount bushings). The rear suspension tends to bottom out and, when towing or heavily loaded, "sag." Many people replace the stock shocks with Bilstein HD's and install Airlift 1000 air bags, which is the best bang for the buck whether you tow or not. Control arm bushings have a tendency to seize on the bolts, which usually isn't a problem until they need to be adjusted during a wheel alignment. Those are the main ones!
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
NmexMAX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, congrats.

V8?
325/65-18 GYDT’s / 18x9 Fuel Hostage (-12mm/4.5 BS) / PRG RadFlo 2.5 Extended Coilovers ext reservoir / PRG Long Travel UCA’s / AirLift 1000 / 4x4 Parts Medium Duty Rear Springs / PRG RadFlo rear shocks / TAG Front Bumper w/ Warn M8000 / Rocky Road Super Sliders / 3.36 QX56 Differentials / Magnaflow 18” Muffler & Cajun catless B pipes / Bits & Pieces of the Calmini Lift
pitbull60077

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it is a 4.0 v6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 General Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: