Squeaking belt

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

lfhs

Squeaking belt

Postby lfhs » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:43 pm

Hi guys, I got a 05 Pathfinder with 57k miles on it, on cold start the accessory bell make an squeak noise, but as soon as I put silicone on it just stop, I already change the pulley and the tensor twice, as well as ran to my local Autozone and replaced the belt twice already (both times I got a different one). With the first belt the noise was louder (i can heard it from inside my cabin), the second one is lower but still there when is too cold or humidity is high. There is a service bulletin for this truck but doesn't apply to my engine model, I even try to see if is the alternator and/or power steering pulley and or bearing but both are good. Amy suggestion about what can it be? noise is driving me crazy and can't get any solution

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:56 pm

Try a belt from Nissan. I just went through the same thing you describe on my V8. The OEM Nissan belt is the only belt that doesn't squeal and chirp on mine.

lfhs

Postby lfhs » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:58 pm

Thanks, I just bought the OEM belt, but was making sure before spend money on a noise for the 5th time

Return to “R51 General Chat”