JBA Long Tube Headers On V8 4x4

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:46 pm

From the headers to the tailpipe. You had mentioned the B-pipes typically won't match up but you had made a necessary part switch that facilitated the header matching up.

Kanazozo

Update?

Postby Kanazozo » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:48 am

forgottenzone wrote:But now i am thinking of changing my 2.25 hi cat b pipes to 2.5 cajun catless.
Since I will be going with cams and am doing a ls2/nissan hybrid intake manifold mod with 90mm ls2 tb neck, ported 90mm ls7 tb, and 4 inch intake, with Titan/Armada oem flex fuel injectors. So stay tuned.
Hey Forgottenzone, I know weve talked by PM a few times, but the curiosity is killing me - how is the 90mm intake mod coming along? Im curious what all might be involved in stepping up to the 2.5" pipes too (I just finished installing the 2.25" parts from LT's back to muffler, but willing to make changes if the gains are good enough)

Thanks for all your work on blazing the path for R51 V8 mods :lol:

daytona675

Postby daytona675 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:56 am

Sweet! Lord Vader, Your shuttle awaits!

forgottenzone

Postby forgottenzone » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:22 am

Zen_master wrote:From the headers to the tailpipe. You had mentioned the B-pipes typically won't match up but you had made a necessary part switch that facilitated the header matching up.
Sorry guys, I have been more on the Titan forum working on the upgraded intake manifold and LS 90mm throttle body with larger injectors, etc ,etc.
Plus my new used boat plus my Toyota Cressida 2jz project. 2 many things at once.

Zen_master To make the passenger B pipe align with the flange pipe going to the muffler temporarily i had to cut the pipe after the flange rotate it and then weld it back up. not the new B pipe, the oem pipe between the b pipe and muffler.
few weeks later I had custom exhaust done from B pipe all the way back, with new flange welded to match the B pipe flange.
that was 2.25" b pipes with 2.25" exhaust.

forgottenzone

Re: Update?

Postby forgottenzone » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:34 am

Kanazozo wrote:
forgottenzone wrote:But now i am thinking of changing my 2.25 hi cat b pipes to 2.5 cajun catless.
Since I will be going with cams and am doing a ls2/nissan hybrid intake manifold mod with 90mm ls2 tb neck, ported 90mm ls7 tb, and 4 inch intake, with Titan/Armada oem flex fuel injectors. So stay tuned.
Hey Forgottenzone, I know weve talked by PM a few times, but the curiosity is killing me - how is the 90mm intake mod coming along? Im curious what all might be involved in stepping up to the 2.5" pipes too (I just finished installing the 2.25" parts from LT's back to muffler, but willing to make changes if the gains are good enough)

Thanks for all your work on blazing the path for R51 V8 mods :lol:
Sorry for the delay.
2.5 should free up more HP and TQ. I will have Dyno #'s pre and post

Now since I have the LT Headers with 2.5" Collectors, I am changing to the Catless 2.5" B pipes, and 2.5 inch exhaust all 304 stainless. to free some more ponies and torque with the new Intake mods i am doing.
Also i am doing a Hybrid cold air intake with much larger AirAid MXP intake tube/pipe that will match my 90mm TB, I will keep the Volant sealed box, since the airaid comes with the open type box. and new high flow dry filter. the volant power core turned up not to be as good and as air flowing as was thought to be.
the airiad pipe starts with 6 inch Velocity stack that connects to the air filter, then it goes down to 4.8" at the beginning of the pipe, and the pipe ends up being 90mm or 3.55" at the throttle opening.
I am working with the Uprev Pro tuner, the top tuner that works for Uprev and has a Titan Truck himself, best uprev tuner out there, to tune my pathfinder before i do the new intake mods, then i will take it to the Dyno, to get base HP/TQ numbers before the intake mods and then will do the Dyno to get Post numbers as well. Planing to get all this done this year.
Almost have all the parts. I also Bypassed the antifreeze circulating Throttle Body line.
Bypassed the Radiator transmission cooler,
And changed the external factory Transmission cooler which has 17 cooling plates to Tru-Cool cooler which has 48 cooling plates.
Size wise they are almost the same, except Tru-Cool has a lot more plates and very low pressure drop. Also i have installed the thermal bypass valve before the cooler. which bypasses the cooler until the trans oil temp gets to the correct working temp. which is good if you live in colder winter states like I do.

Jesgag

Postby Jesgag » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:16 am

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but just to confirm, JBA LT headers will fit a Pathfinder V8, with no modifications to the vehicle or headers needed (aside from spinning the B pipe flange)? Mine is supposedly cracked and needs to pass the out of province inspection :(

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:03 pm

Jesgag wrote:Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but just to confirm, JBA LT headers will fit a Pathfinder V8, with no modifications to the vehicle or headers needed (aside from spinning the B pipe flange)? Mine is supposedly cracked and needs to pass the out of province inspection :(
Did you move forward with this mod? Did it fit?

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:06 pm

Was kicking around the idea of doing electric cutouts pre-cat so I could have quiet factory sound during normal driving then balls to the wall on demand... but have heard that will result in throwing a code. Running a cutout after the cat/resonator seems like a waste since only eliminating one restriction point (the muffler). Figure might as well run a full 2.5" exhaust all the way back.

Can anyone recommend a good muffler for decent mix of performance and reasonable sound for a daily driver. I don't want to drown out the radio/DVD for the kids on road trips.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”