The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
2006 SE Off Road vs 2008 SE/LE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
docwatson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: 2006 SE Off Road vs 2008 SE/LE Reply with quote

Looking to purchase my first R51 and I am curious as to the community's thoughts on my choices here. They aren't in any particular order and my wife and my two must haves are leather and 4x4. Is the Off Road package worth having it shipped to me?

1. 2006 SE Off Road
https://www.libertytoyotascion.com/used/Nissan/2006-Nissan-Pathfinder-colorado-springs-5fa278e60a0e0adf484d5bd1b1f5c85a.htm

2. 2008 LE
http://www.allright-autosales.com/2008-Nissan-Pathfinder/Used-SUV/FederalWay-WA/6633529/Details.aspx

3. 2008 SE
http://autosonlyinc.com/used-cars/carsunder15k/735216-2008-Nissan-Pathfinder-SE

Thanks!
skinny2
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Off-Road really doesn't add much that you can't add yourself. The '08 has some nice updates like the LCD screen, backup cam, BOSE, along with interior/exterior tweaks. Also, the '08+ are more reliable just due to them being around longer. Regardless, make sure you look closely at the radiators. There have been quite a few people show up here that just bought a Pathfinder and the transmission goes out soon after. If the prior owner had a radiator failure it likely damaged the transmission as well.

Last edited by skinny2 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Off-Road SE will give you more skid plates, Hill Assist and Hill Descent control, and Rancho shocks that aren't much better than the regular units. The LE model will give you leather, fake wood grain, and of most significance, a different transfer case; LE models have an "AUTO" mode transfer case, which is similar in function to GM's SmartTrak II system. It can sense and/or anticipated a slip and, using a wet clutch, transfer power to the front wheels for as long as needed. Non-LE models have the standard transfer case without that feature. For what it's worth, I get another 1-2 MPG from my 08 SE than I do with my 06 LE.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
docwatson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys. I didn't think the Off Road offered too much special stuff in the grand scheme of things.

Skinny, I will definitely check our the radiator and probably bypass until I can replace (if it hasn't already).

Smj, do you think the MPG difference is the gearing change from 3.36 to the 3.13 or the transfer case? Whats your opinion on Nissan's auto mode?
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't say what the difference is that causes the gas mileage difference, but I would guess the gearing. As far as the transfer case, I prefer the AUTO mode. I leave it in AUTO pretty much all the time except when in deep snow when I switch it to 4WD HI. Both are really good in the snow.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
Thupertrooper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the off road edition and have driven a normal 4x4 SE and can say the only thing that is useful is the hill assist and hill descent the skids it came with are not the best but i yet to change them out to aftermarket ones.
If off road is minor i would recommend the 2008 but the 2006 if its cheaper.

Last edited by Thupertrooper on Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The factory skids are easy to add to a non SE-OR model and they aren't very expensive. I added them onto my LE model.
BCpathy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smj999smj

where did buy the skids for your LE? How much were they?
BCpathy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smj999smj

where did buy the skids for your LE? How much were they?
Touchdown

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the full set of stock skid plates in my garage, any one interested?
(Upgraded to steel a few years ago)

Go for the LE...it has plenty of creature comforts and is just as good as any of them off-road!
Bilstein Front Adjustable Shocks w/HD OME Springs, PRG Long Travel UCA's, PRG Radflo 2.0 Rear Emulsion Shocks w/HD OME Rear Springs, 3" Body Lift, Custom Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier, K&N Intake, Skid Row & Asfir Skid Plates, Airlift 1000, SS Brake Lines, Northstar AGM Battery, 17x9 KMC Wheels, 35" Tires, Lokka Front Locker, ARB Rear Air Locker, Aluminum Winch Bumper w/ ENGO Winch, Diff Breathers & EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Line-X Paint
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the skids and bolts through CourtesyParts.com.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 General Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: