New Pathfinder

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

owain

New Pathfinder

Postby owain » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:51 am

Hi

I've just sold my Xtrail (the new Xtrail), which wasn't really big enough for the family.

I'll be picking up my new Pathfinder this week. It has 60k miles on it and has had the clutch and flywheel replaced. It's a 2007.

My question is; does the problem with the radiator and transmission only effect American Pathfinders (not sure if they're different somehow) and what would you recommend me do if there is a danger of mine failing? Do I bypass or would it be better to just replace the radiator?

I live in Scotland by the way. That's why I'm asking. I haven't really read anyone from the UK complaining of transmission failure.

I'm not really one for all these mods on Pathfinders but I think I'll be getting myself a roof tent in the near future if anyone has any recommendations.

Thank you in advance. Just as the Xtrail forum, this place seems to be helpful.

Owain

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:48 am

Congrats on the new purchase! Not sure if the radiator issue is limited to US only Pathfinders. Check your part # if you want to be sure. Several of the threads here list the faulty Part #.

As for what to do if you are affected, do you plan on towing? If not, I would just complete the bypass.

owain

Postby owain » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:50 am

I've checked the effected radiators and mine doesn't seem to match so I think it must be the US pathfinders. I feel lucky.

However! I've just gone to open the rear right passenger door today and looks like the handle assembly needs replacing. It just isn't opening. I've tried getting a coat hanger in there but there seems to be a block.

Few hours reading ahead :D

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:45 pm

The radiators are a North American Pathfinder thing. Broken rear door handles is a European Pathfinder thing.

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:15 pm

smj999smj wrote:Broken rear door handles is a European Pathfinder thing.
What's different about the door handles? I would have assumed those were the same no matter what part of the world.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:40 pm

I don't think it's so much that the handle is different, just they weren't made properly on the European models (much like the North American radiators weren't made well on our Pathfinders). The outside part of the handle tends to break off on the European Pathfinders. Here's a You Tube video on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1lrrCzaJj8

Return to “R51 General Chat”