All-Terrain Tires

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

Silverfox16

All-Terrain Tires

Postby Silverfox16 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:01 am

Hi guys! I am planning to buy a set of all-terrain tires for my 2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL. Is anyone here familiar with Toyo Tires' Open Country A/T? A friend recommended it to me.

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:58 pm

If you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. Putting all terrain tires on a R52 crossover does not make it a SUV. Save your money.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:54 pm

For all terrains I would recommend some BFG Ko2 all terrains I have them on my full size truck and do great on road and off

Most Discount tire shops dont carry Toyo only Nittos but they are the same

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:12 pm

The Toyo Open Country A/T II is a good tire. The Nitto Terra Grappler is the same, structurally, with a different tread. Toyo owns Nitto. Personally, I prefer the Nittos. There are better A/T tires on the market, including the Falken WildPeak A/T AT3W, the Michelin LTX A/T2, the Continental TerrainContact A/T, and the Goodyear Wrangler TrailRunner A/T.
Now, that said, JayArras does bring up a good point. The question is, "Does where and how you drive your vehicle warrant all-terrain tires?" Unless you do a lot of off-road driving in your R52, all-terrain tires aren't the best choice. If you drive on most highways, paved roads and maybe even an occasional, light off-roading, you will probably be better off with All-season, Crossover/SUV tires, like the Kumho Crugen Premium, the Hankook Dynapro HP2 or Toyot Open Country Q/T....or even a All-season truck tire, like the Continental Cross Contact LX20 Ecoplus, the Michelin Defender LTX M/S, the Firestone Destination LE 2, Kumho Crugen HT51 or Hankook Dynapro HT, the latter two I have on my 06 and 08 Pathfinder and am very happy with both.
Tirerack.com has a tire decision calculator at their site which might help you decide what type of tires would be best for your needs. If you put A/T tires on your R52 and do mostly highway driving, you may not like the ride quality of the vehicle afterwards as much.

maloburro

Postby maloburro » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:53 am

I know it has been a while on this thread but I’d like to try a set of the Yokohama geolander a/t-s in 245-60-18. It looks to be the closest to a decent looking AT tire available. If this PF were a real truck I would love to slap on General AT2 Tires. I’ve had 2 sets of them and loved them.

Return to “R52 Brakes, Tires and Wheels”