First post, trying to refresh my Pathfinder

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

PFzee

First post, trying to refresh my Pathfinder

Postby PFzee » Tue May 14, 2019 4:48 pm

Well I've gotten the hand-me-down Pathfinder and it's a little physically beat up. Long story short, it's been the family car for a long while and it's taken a beating: rear-ended, snow piles, side swipes, the occasional door-dinger. But the engine and suspension has always been our priority and it's been properly maintained and runs like the day we bought it.

I've come up with a list of parts and panels that I'd like to replace and if I sourced them online even at the best prices, it would still cost more than the car's value. So I've decided to try my luck at junkyards hoping I'd find another silver R50 Pathfinder that I could use as a donor truck. I've been junkyard hunting before and can handle picking bumpers and trunk lids and I also enjoy it.

The other option is to take it to a body shop and have the rust spots patched and a repainted but again, looking to keep the costs low.

This is currently how it's sitting, I'm already doing some quick searches on what size sockets I need when I go part picking to make it in and out in a timely manner as well as how to remove the bumpers, fenders, hood, and even doors depending on if the time and work is worth it. A couple of interior parts too but I'm mainly trying to improve the exterior. If anyone has any advice about part picking or any ideas on what they'd do in my situation, I'm all ears.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Thu May 16, 2019 9:03 am

Welcome to ThePath!!

:D

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”