The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
!!!HELP!!! A/C problem question???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbob2154

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject: !!!HELP!!! A/C problem question??? Reply with quote

I have a '06 Pathfinder SE w/comfort package, 4.0 liter. The a/c has the manual/auto setting. With the a/c in manual operation, when I first turn it on, it starts blowing cold. It will be cold for 3-5 minutes, then start blowing just cool air. I have the temp control on 60 degrees, as low as it will set. It will run just cool for 3-5 minutes, then start blowing cold again. It does the same thing on the auto setting. It never does cool off the inside of the car. And, sometimes it will blow cold the first time and never start blowing cold again. Could this possibly be the temp sensor switch or what? I haven't asked a mechanic about it yet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Zen_master

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: !!!HELP!!! A/C problem question??? Reply with quote

jimbob2154 wrote:
I have a '06 Pathfinder SE w/comfort package, 4.0 liter. The a/c has the manual/auto setting. With the a/c in manual operation, when I first turn it on, it starts blowing cold. It will be cold for 3-5 minutes, then start blowing just cool air. I have the temp control on 60 degrees, as low as it will set. It will run just cool for 3-5 minutes, then start blowing cold again. It does the same thing on the auto setting. It never does cool off the inside of the car. And, sometimes it will blow cold the first time and never start blowing cold again. Could this possibly be the temp sensor switch or what? I haven't asked a mechanic about it yet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Encountered a similar problem in mine just months after purchase (only real problem experienced with the truck) where the A/C would not modulate. Whether the A/C was set to 60 or 75 it ran at max cold. To be clear the blower worked fine, it was the temp that was malfunctioning. Ultimately ended up being some sensor the dealer swapped out under warranty and never had a problem since.
jimbob2154

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Found the problem!! Reply with quote

I traveled out of town this morning. I had a bottom radiator hose clamp crack and the hose blew off. I put a new clamp on, filled the radiator back up, and the A/C started working. It had been running a little hot the last few days, the same time as the a/c problem. This was causing the a/c to not work. I get lucky every once in a while.
A simple fix that I SHOULD HAVE FOUND OUT EARLIER!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: