Interior Storage

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

wrongler

Interior Storage

Postby wrongler » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:40 pm

New to the Nissan family with a recently purchased 2007 Pathfinder LE. Overall I like it a lot but am missing the interior cubbies and storage our Honda Pilot has. Where do you guys store extra oil, jumper cables, etc.? I hate to have all of that stuff rolling round in the back all the time, the Pilot had a great storage compartment in the rear, much bigger than where the Pathfinder jack and stuff is. Thanks!

ssobol

Re: Interior Storage

Postby ssobol » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:59 pm

wrongler wrote:New to the Nissan family with a recently purchased 2007 Pathfinder LE. Overall I like it a lot but am missing the interior cubbies and storage our Honda Pilot has. Where do you guys store extra oil, jumper cables, etc.? I hate to have all of that stuff rolling round in the back all the time, the Pilot had a great storage compartment in the rear, much bigger than where the Pathfinder jack and stuff is. Thanks!
Milk crate in the back.

I can see jumper cables, but why are you carrying extra oil around? A Pathfinder is not like an old Vega where you have to keep replenishing the oil (a quart every other tankful).

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:12 pm

I have my jumper cables rolled up in a oval and stashed in the side cubby in the back that has a little net. Misc straps and stuff are rolled up and placed into the closeable cubby on the passenger left side. I will say, and I could be mistaken, but the lack of storage in the rear is because of Nissan trying evolving the Pathy into what the R52 is. More of a passenger suv with anything off-road as an afterthought.

wrongler

Postby wrongler » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:24 pm

I'm carrying oil around because I'm not familiar with the vehicle yet and have been chasing oil leaks recently. I take it a properly maintained 4.0L won't use oil?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:30 pm

wrongler wrote:I'm carrying oil around because I'm not familiar with the vehicle yet and have been chasing oil leaks recently. I take it a properly maintained 4.0L won't use oil?
They don't usually use oil unless there's leaks. Once in a blue moon we hear of one that had the upstream catalyst substrate break apart and get sucked into the engine, which will score the cylinder walls and create an oil burning engine. But, that's extremely rare on the 4.0L.
FYI, there's not a lot of room there, but there is a hidden storage area under the second row seats that sometimes goes unnoticed.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”