The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Bose System hard factory reset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dukeofdirt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Bose System hard factory reset Reply with quote

I am experiencing the loss of memory ie. station presets, clock, etc. I've heard about a Bose "hard" factory reset but I can't find out how to do it. Anyone out there know what I'm talking about?
Thanks
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of it while as a Nissan tech or otherwise. The only thing I've ever heard of people doing was disconnecting the negative battery cable for a couple of minutes. Bose Corp. does have a contact page where you can e-mail or call them; perhaps they can help you out? I've had good success when I've contacted them with questions:

https://automotive.bose.com/contact-

The problem you're having is not an unknown issue. There is a 7.5A storage fuse that you should check. A couple of people with similar problems have found the fuse was blown. Others were no so lucky and I'm not sure if they ever did figure out the problem?
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
dukeofdirt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject: Bose system hard factory reset Reply with quote

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I've found out some more info. BOSE supplies the speakers and amps, BUT, the head unit is by Clarion. BOSE has no info. on the head unit. I disconnected the battery overnight and everything in the radio was saved!!! How is that possible??? The only thing not saved was the correct time (but it was only off by a few minutes). A local car stereo shop that I trust suggested getting in touch with LKQ, an auto dismantler. Sure enough they have LOTS of headhunts from wrecked Pathfinders and Armadas so I've ordered one to hopefully solve my issues. I'll post my results when the unit is installed. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: