Can’t connect to ECU and a few other electrical issues.

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Deanster

Can’t connect to ECU and a few other electrical issues.

Postby Deanster » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:30 pm

Hello. So yesterday I picked up a 2003 Pathfinder LE 4x4 for cheap. They claimed it ran well before it was parked for about a year they claim after loosing the transponder key. Anyways I bought it, pulled it home and called a locksmith to make a new transponder key for it. When he hooked up to the car none of his tools could communicate to the car using the OBD port and neither of my scanners will connect either. They get power from the port but no communication. I’d there a common issue it could be? Tried looking over fuses but couldn’t find any that looked blown that we think could be associated. The car also has some other weird electrical things like the running lights and rear lights always being on with the ignition on, only the rear window brake light working and interior gauge cluster lights being pretty dim. Previous owners insist they didn’t do any electrical work other then a cheap radio head unit swap. Any ideas? Thanks

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”