P1760 transmission issue

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Merrix

P1760 transmission issue

Postby Merrix » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:43 pm

Little back story. I got 97 pathy with auto trans and 4x4 with 205K miles. A couple summers back, the trans would once in a while not shift into 4th/OD especially on hot days. Never became worse but became better during the colder months. Never threw a code. Shifting from 1st to 2nd has always been hard but only on slow acceleration. During highway speeds, the trans would shift in and out of OD rather quick but only for a a minute or so. Still no codes. I did a drain, filter replacement and fill on the trains. Helped a little with smoother shifting. Now (several months later) I am getting a P1760 code almost on the daily. Also while towing a light trailer or on really hot days, when I am nearing a stop, the trans seems like it was shifting erratically between 1st and 2nd.

I don't know much about transmissions so I am asking for help. Is the "overrun clutch solenoid valve" (P1760) an easy part to replace and are my symptoms a cause of this solenoid?

Thank you

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:16 pm

at that mileage i doubt its the only problem in there. I'd be looking for a replacement. Wrecker maybe?

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”