Pathfinder V8 Transmisison Upgrade?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

speedwheels

Pathfinder V8 Transmisison Upgrade?

Postby speedwheels » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:56 am

Folks,
I am looking at buying a V8 LE Pathfinder with a failed transmission (Due to the radiator cross contamination I presume). Instead of replacing the transmission with the original one, I was wondering if anyone has tried putting in the seven speed transmission from the Infiniti QX70 or Q70 ? The Q70 comes with an upgraded version of the 5.6 in the Pathfinder and I was wondering if the Pathfinder engine could be made to work with the Q70 7 speed transmission. Yes, probably will need a new transmission control module or an aftermarket unit.. Just wondering if anyone has done such a conversion..

thanks for looking at such an out-there question..

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:15 am

It would be great if you could do it, but I haven't heard of anybody who has. The TCM is part of the valve body assembly inside the transmission. I guess the big issue is if the harness is the same, since these use CAN communication, if the transmission will be able to communicate in the system without issues? Good luck with it!

docwatson

Postby docwatson » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:18 pm

I was wondering the same thing other day.

The diesel Pathfinders came with the re7r01B which I believe is the same transmission in the Infinitis.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”