The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
2017 Platinum Pathfinder RUSTING after 2 years

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 Body Interior and Exterior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
My2017Platinum

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: 2017 Platinum Pathfinder RUSTING after 2 years Reply with quote

I purchased this P/F earlier this year, after giving it a thorough cleaning and waxing this summer I discovered "small bubbling rust formations" below the hatch window where it meets the rubber seal. I also found rust on the sub frame which the dealer in Stanhope NJ said is normal. They took pics and said they'll forward to the regional Rep for review.

After several phone calls and waiting over a month I paid them a visit only to learn the inquiry was denied. I was told to contact Nissan Consumer Affairs (1-800-NISSAN1) which I did. I was given a Case# and advised that someone from Tennessee (Area Code 615) would call the following day which they did. I was told that Nissan DOES NOT cover rust and WILL NOT do anything to fix the problem ... I couldn't believe what I just heard!

Not sure where to go with this next other than posting reviews on multiple website which I've started doing. SHAME ON NISSAN!!

https://i.imgur.com/Pp6emfA.jpg

palmerwmd
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the rust warranty manufacturers offer is called a "rust through" warranty.

So sadly manufactures will not do warranty repairs unless a panel is rusted thru before the warranty is out. Sad

Once u have the pics up we might see if they are small enough for an easy DIY fix. Wink

2012 V6 4WD, in Grey over Grey
My2017Platinum

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already given this some thought. Unfortunately my garage does not allow me to work inside
and it's already too late in the season to do anything outdoors,
so, this have to wait until spring which will give me enough time
to figure out the best approach.

I'll appreciate any advise that comes my way Smile
Grumpah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's well known that the paint finish on R52 Pathfinders is crap. Most people first see the bubbling of the paint on the hood.

A review of the 2017 Warranty booklet looks like they'll only cover you if your corrosion is a rust-through.

https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/common/2017/2017-nissan-warranty-booklet.pdf

I think your only recourse at this point is to contact your local BBB and complain and post your displeasure on as many Nissan sites as you can find.
My2017Platinum

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Thank You, I've already started that, no other recourse at this time.
palmerwmd
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the rest of the SUV? I am sure there are some good points about it too that made you buy it in first place Smile

In the big scheme of things there could be worse problems... Wink

2012 V6 4WD, in Grey over Grey
My2017Platinum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many good points to a top line model from the cooled/heated seating to the adaptive cruise control not to mention comfort and ride quality.

I selected the Pathfinder because of it's reasonable good MPG's and 6,000Lb towing capacity which was more than what the competition offered ... but I still can't get over that and Nissan is still building (expensive) vehicles that will begin rusting after 2 years, this shouldn't be Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 Body Interior and Exterior All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: