2018 Nissan Versa -- HELP!

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

luciferjohn

2018 Nissan Versa -- HELP!

Postby luciferjohn » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:32 pm

I bought a brand new 2018 Nissan Versa last year (most basic model, roll down windows, no electric locks) and at the beginning of this year it has started making this squeaking and rattling noise whenever the car is on. The noise is worse when it's driving/going over bumps and cracks in the road, but even when I'm stopped or it's in park the noise still continues. It's coming from under my dash and the dealership has no idea what it is. I've brought it in twice for maintenance and they can't find it. When I brought it in a third time over the weekend, they said that they would have to start charging me $150 an hour for maintenance now that it's a continuous problem (even though my warranty is 36 months). Has anyone has a problem with their car like this? And/or a dealership telling you they have to charge you when your car is still under warranty?

Thanks for all your help.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:28 am

The won't know if it's under warranty until they diagnose what the problem is. If upon finding out what the problem is and that it is under warranty, you would not be charged. However, if it does happen to be something that is not covered, you will be responsible for the diagnostic and repair tire and labor costs. It might be worth reporting the incident to Nissan's customer hotline at 1-800-NISSAN-1.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”