Erratic Tempature Gauage

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Pavros13

Erratic Tempature Gauage

Postby Pavros13 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:33 am

Hi All

I have had my Pathfinder since new (2009) and its this is the first real issue with it. When driving the temp gauge was going from cold to hot and back again and generally behaving very erratic then going into limp mode

Took it to my local garage where they changed both the temperature sensor & thermostat but could not clear the faults from the ECU and advised to take it to main Nissan dealer.

I took their advice and Nissan changed £120 to tell me that there was nothing wrong but reset / cleared the codes from the ECU.

4 weeks later the I had the same issue so took it back to Nissan and they are now telling my its faulty sensor.

Has anybody had a similar issue, as I am starting to lose faith in the Pathy?

Thanks in advance

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:36 am

Well, if it actually is the sensor, you can't fault the vehicle for that (and I'm not saying it is or isn't). What I have seen is a lot of problems with aftermarket sensors and parts, in general, compared to genuine Nissan and OE parts. I don't know what kind was used in your vehicle, but if it's an aftermarket sensor, then it's plausible.

Pavros13

Postby Pavros13 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:36 am

Thanks for the response, the initial replacement was not an Nisan part and I am not sure of type either but now have a genuine one after Nissan replaced along with part of the wiring harness, so hopefully this will fix it.

Really don't want to get rid of the Pathy as Nissan don't sell them any more here in the UK.

Chris Steffen

Postby Chris Steffen » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:05 pm

Hi Pavros 13

Is there any feedback on this?

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”