Need to replace window regulator

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Rupp

Need to replace window regulator

Postby Rupp » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:34 pm

Guys,
I need to replace my window regulator. My drivers side door has Auto up/down, does this affect which regulator I need or do they simply work with this type of switch?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:56 pm

what are your symptoms? Are you sure its not the switch?

Rockauto shows separate part numbers for all doors.

Rupp

Postby Rupp » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:02 pm

The two front windows are very very slow to go up and down especially on these colder mornings. It's a 2007 Pathfinder so I'm sure the regulator needs to be replaced as this same thing happened to my '96 Maxima and once I replaced these the windows flew up and down.

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:58 pm

Rupp wrote:The two front windows are very very slow to go up and down especially on these colder mornings. It's a 2007 Pathfinder so I'm sure the regulator needs to be replaced as this same thing happened to my '96 Maxima and once I replaced these the windows flew up and down.
I've read somewhere that it's not necessarily the regulators, but rather the window strips that pull down on the window as it's going up.

I found this video -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRi5Wq1OgmY

I saw a few videos recommending lithium spray and a LOT of comments that said lithium was not recommended due to it gumming up over time. Silicone was recommended.

Rupp

Postby Rupp » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:43 pm

Yes I've tried to oil these but they are worn out. I simply need to know if the switch controls the auto down or is it the regulator kit.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”