The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
No Juice for Power Sockets in 2001 Pathfinder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TexasPathfinder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject: No Juice for Power Sockets in 2001 Pathfinder Reply with quote

Replaced each fuse related to the power sockets both inside and in the engine bay. And still there is no power to any sockets. This happened using a tire inflater that plugged into the power outlet aka cigarette lighter. The DC plug on the tire inflater was really hot when I accidentally brushed my finger across it.

Pulled off the center facia and removed and inspected the socket. Nothing burnt. And there was a bit of rust in it, but I sanded it clean.

This is the 3rd time this has happened. And previously all that ever happened was I replaced a fuse. After I checked this time and saw no burnt fuse, I checked all of them. (And of course now, I wished I'd had thrown that piece of crap away and just bought an air compressor.)

As far as my research into the manual goes, what I need is a Power Socket Relay. But I cannot seem to find the part.

And well, they've located it in a doozie of a place too! I have no idea how I am suppose to get my hand in there. I might just bring it to the same guy I paid to put on my shocks & struts.

The schematic that shows what I think I need to replace is on page 1618 of the Nissan Pathfinder 2001 Workshop Manual PDF. The manual I found is linked here. https://manuals.co/workshop/nissan/pathfinder/nissan-pathfinder-2001-workshop-manual/5529487

Any ideas if this is the right relay that needs to be replaced? And if this is the right relay, where do I buy it? I cannot find it on Rock Auto.

Tony C

Tony C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: