The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Center Console Lid Latch Broke

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Body Interior and Exterior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndrewT

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject: Center Console Lid Latch Broke Reply with quote

The latching mechanism on the lid of my center console has always been broken (as in, missing). This makes the lid wobbly and quite annoying, requiring constant retightening of the three screws that connect it to the rear hinge mechanism. Do I need to replace the entire lid, or can I get a replacement latch?
ShipFixer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Center Console Lid Latch Broke Reply with quote

AndrewT wrote:
The latching mechanism on the lid of my center console has always been broken (as in, missing). This makes the lid wobbly and quite annoying, requiring constant retightening of the three screws that connect it to the rear hinge mechanism. Do I need to replace the entire lid, or can I get a replacement latch?

I looked for the same years ago. Requires the whole lid unfortunately.
2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4: XTP Intake Manifold Spacer, PRG motor mounts, Moog springs, Bilstein shocks, Air Lift 1000, PRG Delrin steering rack bushings, CSF all aluminum radiator, SecondSkin sound deadening and insulation.
eieio
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Center Console Lid Latch Broke Reply with quote

AndrewT wrote:

this may help............
https://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=3495&sid=962b9dcc6ed836d51e456ef39a3702df

"I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"
ShipFixer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4: XTP Intake Manifold Spacer, PRG motor mounts, Moog springs, Bilstein shocks, Air Lift 1000, PRG Delrin steering rack bushings, CSF all aluminum radiator, SecondSkin sound deadening and insulation.
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nissan released a TSB for 2005-2006 models that listed the part numbers for the latch (there are different colors based on the interior color). I know they work on my 2008 and would assume later R51 years would be similar. I think they run around $30, which is a lot for a little piece of plastic, but it fixes the problem. The TSB was # NTB06-081.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
ShipFixer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine in graphite today! 😁
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The part number is 96927-EA102.

I bought the latch from here:

https://conceptzperformance.com/nissan-infiniti-nissan-oem-console-lid-latch-nissan-pathfinder-05-06-r50-96927-ea102_p_5789.php

$33.50 todays price, when I bought it in May 2019 it was $25.33. Currency is USD.

With that part number, you may be able to find it elsewhere as well!

Best of luck!

t

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 343000kms (213000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are different part numbers, depending on what color it is.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Body Interior and Exterior All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: