The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Another V8 brake upgrade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRC11007

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject: Another V8 brake upgrade. Reply with quote

Finally ordered the parts and did the V8 brake upgrade. The rotors are at least an inch larger in diameter. I went with AC Delco professional calipers w/brackets, Raybestos rotors, and Akebono ceramic pads, all from RockAuto.com. I got the Goodridge stainless brake lines from TireRack.com. Rear brakes were changed out with generic ceramic pads from Autozone and Raybestos rotors. I bled it roughly at home, then had my local shop flush the whole system with DOT4 fluid. I have roughly 100 miles on it, and the brakes are bedding in nicely. Much stronger bite and stiffer pedal feel. I figure roughly $500 for the front (including lines), then add $100 for the rear and the fluid flush. My confidence level is much greater now knowing the upgrade is complete. Highly recommended!
palmerwmd
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for letting us know!!! Very Happy

2012 V6 4WD, in Grey over Grey
Thupertrooper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should of thought about a BBK before I purchased new wheels for my Pathy kept 16" to run the same tire now im stuck with them till i get bigger rims.
Airlift1000(uneeded now) Longer 5100s.
Lokka front locker.
35s On Vision Rims.
Custom Dual Swing out rear bumper
Kenwood2m HAM Midland CB Firestik FreeSpritRecreation Series Small Canopy Roof Top Tent(If in the market DM for deals) ---
Touchdown

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the BBK upgrade last month and can confirm that 17" rims clear no prob.
Still bedding on the new pads so no update on a bigger bite or not.
Bilstein Front Adjustable Shocks w/HD OME Springs, PRG Long Travel UCA's, PRG Radflo 2.0 Rear Emulsion Shocks w/HD OME Rear Springs, 3" Body Lift, Custom Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier, K&N Intake, Skid Row & Asfir Skid Plates, Airlift 1000, SS Brake Lines, 2 Northstar AGM Batteries, 17x9 KMC Wheels, 35" Tires, Lokka Front Locker, ARB Rear Air Locker, Aluminum Winch Bumper w/ ENGO Winch, Diff Breathers & EBC Brake Pads, V8 Rotor Upgrade, Line-X Paint
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally did mine and will be working on a write-up with pics in the near future. I will say with the EBC brakes and bigger rotors, stopping performance has increased a great deal! It really feels like the brakes are grabbing, now, rather than just the typical "soft mush" of the factory brakes!

2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: