The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Power sockets stopped working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denboy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Power sockets stopped working Reply with quote

I used a 12 volt tyre inflator from one of the power sockets, the tyre got to 29psi, the inflator started making a funny noise then went off, now the socket doesn't work, I tried it on another socket and the same happened, I have checked the fuses and they look ok, what else could it have done to cause this?
ssobol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Power sockets stopped working Reply with quote

Denboy wrote:
I used a 12 volt tyre inflator from one of the power sockets, the tyre got to 29psi, the inflator started making a funny noise then went off, now the socket doesn't work, I tried it on another socket and the same happened, I have checked the fuses and they look ok, what else could it have done to cause this?

You sure it's not the inflator? There might be a fuse inside the plug on the inflator end.
Denboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Power sockets stopped working Reply with quote

ssobol wrote:
Denboy wrote:

You sure it's not the inflator? There might be a fuse inside the plug on the inflator end.

Yeah, I tried other devices, satnav, phone charger, nothing works
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that you were using something that could place a high load on the circuit AND that both power sockets are not working suggests to me that there is a blown fuse for the power sockets.
Looking at a wiring diagram, it looks like the fuse is a 20A fuse located in a fuse box (in the engine compartment) with the accessory relay. There should also be two other, 10A fuses near it, one for the door mirrors and the other for multiple systems, including ADP, audio system, BCM and defogger.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
Denboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smj999smj wrote:
The fact that you were using something that could place a high load on the circuit AND that both power sockets are not working suggests to me that there is a blown fuse for the power sockets.
Looking at a wiring diagram, it looks like the fuse is a 20A fuse located in a fuse box (in the engine compartment) with the accessory relay. There should also be two other, 10A fuses near it, one for the door mirrors and the other for multiple systems, including ADP, audio system, BCM and defogger.

Thanks but I removed all fuses one by one and put a tester on them, all the fuses are ok
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But is there power at the fuse? If there is, you'll have to get a wiring diagram from the factory service manual and trace the power from the fuse to the socket.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
Denboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smj999smj wrote:
But is there power at the fuse? If there is, you'll have to get a wiring diagram from the factory service manual and trace the power from the fuse to the socket.

Good point, I am getting someone in to check it out, many thanks
Denboy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denboy wrote:
smj999smj wrote:

Good point, I am getting someone in to check it out, many thanks

I found a third fuse box under the bonnet, changed the 20 amp fuse, now all working, thanks for your time
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you figured it out!
TexasPathfinder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Power sockets stopped working Reply with quote

I've also done each fuse and still do not have power. And also this happened using a tire inflater that plugged into the power outlet aka cigarette lighter.

This is the 3rd time this has happened. And previously all that ever happened was I replaced a fuse. After I check this time and saw no burnt fuse, I check all of them.

As far as I can figure what I need is a Power Socket Relay. But I cannot seem to find the part.

And well, they've located it in a doozie of a place too! I have no idea how I am suppose to get my hand in there. I might just bring it to the same guy I paid to put on my shocks & struts.

The schematic that shows what I think I need to replace is on page 1618 of the Nissan Pathfinder 2001 Workshop Manual PDF. The manual I found is linked here. https://manuals.co/workshop/nissan/pathfinder/nissan-pathfinder-2001-workshop-manual/5529487

Any ideas if this is the right relay that needs to be replaced? And if this is the right relay, where do I buy it? I cannot find it on Rock Auto.

Tony C
mpilihp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I was wondering if you figured out the issue with your power outlets? I have a similiar issue where all three of the ports in the front cab do not work (2 dash and 1 in center console)

Looking into my issue I find that there is an accessory relay that powers two power outlet fuses and two others, which provide power to the radio, mirrors I think and a whole list of other things. Those two other fuses have power and those items are working. The two power socket fuses do NOT have power presented to them from the fuse block. So I think my issue is internal to the fuse block.

I am trying to figure out how to get at the fuse block to remove it.

~ Phil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: