2008 having a bad idol with a problem that cant be found.

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

padgett

2008 having a bad idol with a problem that cant be found.

Postby padgett » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:44 am

Hello, all.

I love my pathfinder and have had a lot of great road trips so I am hoping I can get a fix for my issues that does not cost more than what I paid in the first place.

It started with a sort of "knock" from the engine and some vibration at a stops. I had not changed the spark plugs so that was my first go. After that the issue was sill there but I was getting the Random cylinder misfire code. I took to to one shop and they fixed and oil leak, and intake hose, and my 02 sensors, but the problem was still there. They suggested looking into the timing chain. That was going to be pretty pricey, so I went to a place for a second opinion, he has check about everything in the engine you can, also changed the fuel injectors one side, because he saw some white corrosion. That did not fix it. He made some called, did some research and came a cross the catalytic converter idea. He looked in to mine and found a 30% blockage and some melted parts.

Does this track with anyone else's issues?

padgett

Postby padgett » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:05 am

Just realized I posted this in the wrong section. Sorry about that.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:06 pm

padgett wrote:Just realized I posted this in the wrong section. Sorry about that.
It's all good :D

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:39 pm

You're in the right place now. 8)

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”