New battery for 2012 S 4x4

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

TNhunter

New battery for 2012 S 4x4

Postby TNhunter » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:33 am

My original factory battery was finally giving up the ghost. Started acting sluggish on starting during the really cold days we had back in November. Friday I was sitting in my Pathfinder with the radio running, iPhone plugged in, and lights on (with the engine off) for about 30 minutes and went to start back up and no-go. Jumped it off and started investigating batteries over the weekend. Wound up getting a group 24F AGM Everstart Platinum from Walmart this morning. They have just started changing their warranties on their batteries at Walmart and instead of a 3 year full replacement + 2 year pro-rated the Platinum battery now has a 4-year full replacement warranty.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:21 pm

Doesnt get any better than a 24F AGM...

Bill541

Postby Bill541 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:23 pm

Wow, you got 7+ years on the original battery, that is amazing... I just cleaned the battery terminals, tray, sheet metal... on ours and I am done with flooded lead acid batteries. Yes they are cheap but they make a mess where the AGMs typically do not. I would be curious to know if your Everstart AGM has clean terminals a year later. Every AGM I have had did not have the terminal corrosion issues the flooded batteries have.
-Bill

Return to “R51 Electrical”