The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Glowing LEDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twospeed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:22 am    Post subject: Glowing LEDs Reply with quote

So I had a dome light burn out and I decided to go with LED replacements so I could get brighter lights inside. It looks much better than the incandescent bulbs. I replaced all five bulbs. A few days ago I noticed the bulbs glowing when the PF is turned off. I checked them several times and made sure not to open the door when I was checking. They were still glowing the next morning. I thought I was seeing things but when I turn the lights off using the switch on the light, the glow goes away so they are lit. Has anyone else noticed this or do I need to start searching for a solution. 2006 LE.
Joao

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just the nature of LED's in the dome lights since they always have a small amount of power going to them... you will see them very dimly lit while driving or when first unlocking the car.

However, You should notice that 5 minutes after locking your car doors they will shut off completely. Well, at least they do on my 2012... not 100% sure about other years. Regardless, even if they don't shut off after the doors are locked. they Draw so little current that you shouldn't have a battery draining issue.
ShipFixer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly how it was in my 2005, but the last set of "CANBUS error free" LED's I got do not glow under the trace current that goes through the system.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B014KNA18S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are ridiculously bright, which may not be your thing, but it works for me. I hate futzing with gear in my truck in the dark after surfing late or night time mountain biking, so I upgrade every year or two as LED's get brighter.

But as Joao says, the lights do turn themselves off after a while. All years should do that.

FWIW my truck is now all-LED except for the headlights and foglights, where I didn't have great experiences in the past. May try again now that some of the newer kits are adjustable for focal length in the stock housing though.
2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4: XTP Intake Manifold Spacer, PRG motor mounts, Moog springs, Bilstein shocks, Air Lift 1000, PRG Delrin steering rack bushings, CSF all aluminum radiator, SecondSkin sound deadening and insulation.
Twospeed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping that was the case. I don't mind. I don't think they've affected anything other than my curiosity. Well, anxiety maybe. Smile I might try brighter, though. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: