The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Coming Soon: Front Drop Bracket Kit install and Regearing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Suspension and Steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Code Pathfinder

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:04 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon: Front Drop Bracket Kit install and Regearing Reply with quote

Havent posted on this site for almost 5 months now but I thought I should give everyone an update on my R51.

Currently I am planning on installing a 6 inch lift on my Nissan sometime in early to mid June.

I plan on using the Rough Country Nissan Frontier drop bracket kit for the front suspension. They claimed the kit does not work but it will. The frontiers and pathfinders have the same front suspension setup.

To match the rear, im going to fabricate slightly bigger sub frame blocks. I am already running 2 inch sub frame blocks but i will most likely go up to 3 or 4 inch sub frame blocks. I will most likely need longer bolts for the sub frame blocks but we shall see.

ANOTHER PROJECT: Another task im working on is swapping out my front and rear differentials. Currently im at 3.13 but I plan to move to 3.69 gearing.

To do this, I have been doing some research on a post on this forum. It involves swapping an R180 Front differential from a Manual Transmission Pro4x/Nismo Off Road Xterra or Frontier. Those models came with the 3.69 gearing. For the rear, im installing an R200 Carrier from an 08 G35. Im swapping the axle flanges, the pinion flange, and rear cover out so it can be a direct swap into the Pathfinder.

Here is the thread for those who are curious:

https://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=88239&sid=a8a7ebbb9239e261417aa3240cef5226

My only concern I will look into is the angle of the front and rear driveshafts after the lift is done. Ive heard that vibration is a common issue after a large lift like this on the frontiers and xterras so I will have to monitor that closely.

Otherwise im signing off again until the projects begin

I started a youtube channel last week. It details my Build walkthrough and will feature how to install all of the lift components and differentials.

Channel name: the_mn_path
ARB On Board Air Compressor
Lexani Terrain Beast AT'S 285/75/R16
16x8 American Racing Baja AR172 Wheels
Custom Hitch Mounted Spare Tire Carrier
3 Inch Suspension lift
2 inch Sub-frame lift
Rancho Coil Spring Spacers
Supreme suspensions 1.5 inch wheel spacers
Armada Rancho Shocks
Off road lighting
Black Trim Projector headlights
RGB Rock lights
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Suspension and Steering All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: