The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
18" U spoke Alloys on a 07 Pathfinder - Which size tire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GARETHHICKL

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: 18" U spoke Alloys on a 07 Pathfinder - Which size tire Reply with quote

Hi All,

Im fairly new the the world of Nissan & Pathfinders, bought my 07 Pathfinder around 6 months ago and spent my time giving it a good service, replacing squeaky suspension components and just general bit of TLC to get it back to its former glory. (Previously owned a Freelander, What an upgrade this is compared to that knightmare of a car!!)

I've now come to the wheels, Im looking to go for something a little more aggressive and some kind of all terrain tire. Ive bought a set of 18" U spoke Pathfinder alloys an upgrade from my original 17" 6 spoke wheels. My question is......

What size tires can I fit on these wheels without having to lift the truck? Im led to believe they come standard with 255/60/R18?

Will a 265/60/R18 fit fine or can I go wider? Im looking at the MAXXIS Wormdrive tires?

Thanks in advance for all you help!

Kind Regards

Gareth
docwatson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Offroad trim came with 265/75r16 which is a 32" tire. You could go 265/65r18 or maybe even 265/70r18 with the melt mod.

I think going wider or taller would result in rubbing without a lift.
GARETHHICKL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant thank you for that reply a massive help. Do you have any recommendations for tyre? The Maxxis don’t come in that size. What are the Radar Renegade RT + like anyone had them before?
Swerve

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out Doctahjones' former ride for some inspiration. I have the same wheels and will be blacking them out just like he did. He mentions the following and had at least a 2" suspension lift:

"Yup, 285/65/18 fits in the spare area on the factory le rim. Sometimes you have to help it get into the correct position, but it certainly fits...
airraid quick fit "cold-ish" air intake
2in rancho 9000XL front / bilstein HD rear / 4x4parts.com 2in HD rear springs
airlift 1000
bfg at 285/65/18
rocky road super sliders"

01 R50 Silver LE 4WD RustFinder, Monroe Struts & Shocks, Moog Rear Springs, Michelin LTX M+S on 16" Core Racing Rims, Cooper Discoverer M+S on Stock rims for the Winter
GARETHHICKL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject: 265/65R18 Radar Renegade RT + Reply with quote

So guys........ I've gone with Rader Renegade RT+ 265/65/R18. Fantastic. Quiete on the road, great grip and look awesome! The wheels I've sprayed grey. 3 base coats and 3 clear coats. I've done them with a compressor and spray gun they look awesome.

Give fit photos on my phone I'll upload them when .

O and no rubbing at all.

Regards

Gareth
palmerwmd
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gareth,, Did you read our threads about SMOD?
Just to be on the safe side. .. Smile

2012 V6 4WD, in Grey over Grey
Swerve

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: 265/65R18 Radar Renegade RT + Reply with quote

GARETHHICKL wrote:
So guys........ I've gone with Rader Renegade RT+ 265/65/R18. Fantastic. Quiete on the road, great grip and look awesome! The wheels I've sprayed grey. 3 base coats and 3 clear coats. I've done them with a compressor and spray gun they look awesome.

Give fit photos on my phone I'll upload them when .

O and no rubbing at all.

Regards

Gareth

Pics please!

01 R50 Silver LE 4WD RustFinder, Monroe Struts & Shocks, Moog Rear Springs, Michelin LTX M+S on 16" Core Racing Rims, Cooper Discoverer M+S on Stock rims for the Winter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: