Sooo simple

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

Knightro

Sooo simple

Postby Knightro » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:59 pm

I can't believe how long I've put up with that annoying squeak/chirping sound coming from my truck. I finally got around to trying the electrical tape on the hood latch. That'll never work, too easy I said. Needless to say, it worked.

Thanks to all who have suggested that fix. I don't know what would have possessed someone to try that in the first place but it sure does work. Thanks again!

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:33 pm

yup, crazy huh? but such and annoying squeak!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: Sooo simple

Postby NVSteve » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:47 am

Knightro wrote:I can't believe how long I've put up with that annoying squeak/chirping sound coming from my truck. I finally got around to trying the electrical tape on the hood latch. That'll never work, too easy I said. Needless to say, it worked.

Thanks to all who have suggested that fix. I don't know what would have possessed someone to try that in the first place but it sure does work. Thanks again!
It took me quite a while of being seriously annoyed before someone suggested & it took care of the problem. I was skeptical as well, because it didn't sound like it was coming from that are of the hood at all, but rather somewhere in the passenger side suspension. Of all the things I've done/added to the Pathfinder, 6" of electrical tape has been the most satisfying by far.

Goliat6288

Re: Sooo simple

Postby Goliat6288 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:13 am

NVSteve wrote: It took me quite a while of being seriously annoyed before someone suggested & it took care of the problem. I was skeptical as well, because it didn't sound like it was coming from that are of the hood at all, but rather somewhere in the passenger side suspension. Of all the things I've done/added to the Pathfinder, 6" of electrical tape has been the most satisfying by far.
now that you mention a squeak from the passenger side suspension, was it all the time, during small bumps on the road or speed bumps? i get a small squeak going over speed bumps once in a while.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:50 pm

The squeak isn't just a Pathfinder issue. I recently worked on a 2007 Maxima that had the same squeak. Electrical tape fixed that, as well!

Return to “R51 General Chat”