The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Clutch Fan and Electric Fan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilchop2701

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: Clutch Fan and Electric Fan? Reply with quote

I was just wondering what is the purpose of the single electric fan on the right side of the pathfinder. Is it supplemental to the clutch fan and thermostat controlled? OR. Is it for the A/C and should come on for the A/C only? I've never heard it come on or seen it come on. I'm trying to find out the purpose of it because I'm a little puzzled that it never comes on while the A/C is on. I hope that this is normal and it doesn't need replacing.
akley88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the electric fan is for the ac system. mine doesnt come on right away with the ac and even when it is on i cant hear it vs the belt driven fan.
NmexMAX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the FSM, the electric fan only comes on certain conditions are met or any combination

1.) When the coolant rises above 205ºF, if I remember correctly.
2.) When the refrigerant pressure is above some amount

I think it should come on with the AC just like my Maxima does. I've noticed when at a stop light or when idling and it's hot outside, the AC wont start cooling until the vehicle begins moving again. This is why there should be a fan as there is one in front of the condenser. I'm thinking of just wiring the fan so I can turn it on at idle, or perhaps wiring it so it's on whenever the AC is on.
325/65-18 GYDT’s / 18x9 Fuel Hostage (-12mm/4.5 BS) / PRG RadFlo 2.5 Extended Coilovers ext reservoir / PRG Long Travel UCA’s / AirLift 1000 / 4x4 Parts Medium Duty Rear Springs / PRG RadFlo rear shocks / TAG Front Bumper w/ Warn M8000 / Rocky Road Super Sliders / 3.36 QX56 Differentials / Magnaflow 18” Muffler & Cajun catless B pipes / Bits & Pieces of the Calmini Lift
lilchop2701

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replys. I bought this pathfinder used in excellent condition but I've never seen a cooling fan setup like that. I had an old 2000 pathfinder with the 3.3 and all it had was the belt driven clutch fan. I wish that they would have just went with dual electric fans. My father has a 2011 Tahoe and to my suprise it has dual electric fans from the factory, anyway, I've noticed that my pathfinder will lose that briskness in the A/C while sitting at a redlight. I agree that the electric fan should have been wired to come on as soon as you cut the A/C on, it would keep it cold sitting any length of time. My little 98 honda accord has it setup like that and it stays cold. Thanks again for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 General Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: