New Pathfinder Owner

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

SFA1500

New Pathfinder Owner

Postby SFA1500 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Hello everyone,

I checked in at the New Members Section but often with many boards a post gets placed there and never seen again.

So I am posting here. I just purchased an '05 Pathfinder with 125k on the mileage. Actually just took it back and got an oil sending unit replaced because it was faulty.

I have seen the posts about checking for the transmission bypass and plan on doing so this weekend when I have time to crawl under the car.

Any other issues or things I should look out for? The car seems amazing so far and I love it. Cant wait to sink my extra money into some mods.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:42 pm

2005-06 were the worst years to get, unfortunately. Hopefully, like mine, the previous owner took care of most of the common problems before you got it. Some of the issues include upper timing chain noise due to worn through tensioner "feet," faulty sending units, poor grounding at multiple harness ground points, belt squeak, hood latch squeak, rear A/C and coolant lines leaking, rear control arm bushings seizing to the bolts (causing problems when aligning), assorted heating and air conditioning problems, water leaks under the passenger side of the dash and faulty IPDM relays and PNP switches. There are lots of service bulletins for this year and a couple of recalls. If it hasn't been done already, installing Airlift 1000 air bags will be the best upgrade you can make for the money! The back springs on these Pathys are a little weak and tend to bottom out over bumps. Many like to upgrade to Bilstein HD rear shocks, as well.

Return to “R51 General Chat”