2011 PF speaker upgrade

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

jag19651

2011 PF speaker upgrade

Postby jag19651 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:46 am

The factory speakers in my " mid level" audio system was horrible. Replacing these speakers made a HUGE difference in the sound
Front dash speakers replaced with 1" , 4 ohm Alpine tweaters ( came with crossover ) Front doors replaced with 2 ohm 6x9 jbl triaxle and the rear doors with 2ohm 61/2" Infiniti kappa
Front tweaters require making a bracket out of lexan using the old tweater as a template
The 6x9 in the front door was easy swap
The 2ohm door speakers and the 4ohm tweaters are wired in parallel for a total of 1.33 ohms
The back door speakers require an adapter to install ( I removed the old speaker from mine and modified it to fit...works great)
Installed medibridge 1502-nis to my factory radio to add Bluetooth for phone and audio.works great however the audio is not as good as I would have hoped for music , phone is great. But it was worth the money and effort to install
Just ran a 4gauge wire off a 70 amp circuit breaker from battery for a sub amp I tapped off the rear door speaker wires rite behind the plastic kick plates ; tap in before the rubber boot to the door
This goes into a line level to low level converter with amp turn on trigger. Rca out to sub amp.
If you need wire diagram for 2011 pf mid level radio just pm me. I have a link in my dropbox with circuits , color codes and plug pinouts

Bozios89

Postby Bozios89 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:17 am

I have a 2012 but all the wiring diagrams Ive gotten, even from a car stereo shop, havent matched whats in my doors. Anyway you can get ahold of one for me for a 2012 SV and I can check it out?

Return to “R51 Electrical”