Dealer purchase suggestion.

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

CristianMTK

Dealer purchase suggestion.

Postby CristianMTK » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:09 pm

I’ll be buying a used 2011 white Pathfinder Silver Edition. I currently have an ’08 Pathfinder SE and i’m very much in love with it. About 4 days ago i went to my local Nissan dealer and the salesman said that he wasn’t allowed to turn it on because they had taken out a part. He told me to come back the next day. I came in the next day and he said that the Pathfinder had a major engine issue and it had to be sent back to the factory so I test drove a 2013 Pathfinder i didn’t like it at all. As well as a 2010 Xterra but everything inside was a mess, engine light was on, VDC light wouldn’t turn off. As i was pulling into the dealer with the salesman he pointed to my left and said that they had just gotten another white silver edition pathfinder and that he couldn’t believe that. I pulled up next to it and noticed it was the same exact car because it still had the previous owners beach sticker. So i told him it was the same exact car and he looked at me and stayed silent for a few seconds. Eventually he said that it was just a battery issues and that everything would be covered under warranty. For about 20 minutes he looked for the key and couldn’t be found so i left and told him to call me. Last night i got a call that he got a red silver edition pathfinder within my price range 21K. I went today and it was well over my price range at $26K. He again showed me the white pathfinder and I actually got to test drive it but told me not to turn it off. Everything was perfectly fine in it except the issues he trying to cover up but says it’ll be fixed and covered under warranty. The car fax is clean. I haven’t been able to find a Silver Edition or SV anywhere near me for the past 2 months so i don;t know if i should go ahead and get this pathfinder and deal with this guy or should i just keep looking until something else comes up? I also test drove a 2010 Murano SL and i liked it a lot but nothing compares to the Pathfinder.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:23 am

This dealer and sales guy are sketchy as F@#$. I'd RUN from the entire deal and find somewhere else to shop. My family has been in the auto business and I buy/sell 20-30 cars a year for my biz and this is a clown shop you're dealing with. No decent dealer puts cars on the lot with missing parts and dash boards lit up like a christmas tree.

Branch out and look further away if you have to. I drove three hours to get my Pathfinder when it was new because it was exactly as I wanted and my local dealer is a goof. Something about Nissan and Toyota dealers...it's like they're not held accountable at all.

SteveFinn

Postby SteveFinn » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:58 am

+1 on the branch out, look further away at maybe higher-volume dealers. My local dealer doesn't get many used R51s in...and when they do they over-price them. I drove 2-1/2 hours to find my certified 2012 silver edition. cars.com can be a good search tool.

leadpig

Postby leadpig » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:52 am

skinny2 wrote:This dealer and sales guy are sketchy as F@#$. I'd RUN from the entire deal and find somewhere else to shop. My family has been in the auto business and I buy/sell 20-30 cars a year for my biz and this is a clown shop you're dealing with. No decent dealer puts cars on the lot with missing parts and dash boards lit up like a christmas tree.

Branch out and look further away if you have to. I drove three hours to get my Pathfinder when it was new because it was exactly as I wanted and my local dealer is a goof. Something about Nissan and Toyota dealers...it's like they're not held accountable at all.
Add another vote for RUN AWAY! Look on autotrader, you'll find something. I also drove 3+ hours to pick up my 2012 new so I could get what I wanted and not deal with the local numbnuts and I would have happily gone further if needed. Be patient. These bottom feeders survive off people making rash decisions. If the 08 still serves then just keep looking until you find the right replacement.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Dealer purchase suggestion.

Postby eieio » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:32 pm

CristianMTK wrote:I’ll be buying a used 2011 white Pathfinder Silver Edition. I currently have an ’08 Pathfinder SE and i’m very much in love with it. About 4 days ago i went to my local Nissan dealer and the salesman said that he wasn’t allowed to turn it on because they had taken out a part. He told me to come back the next day. I came in the next day and he said that the Pathfinder had a major engine issue and it had to be sent back to the factory so I test drove a 2013 Pathfinder i didn’t like it at all. As well as a 2010 Xterra but everything inside was a mess, engine light was on, VDC light wouldn’t turn off. As i was pulling into the dealer with the salesman he pointed to my left and said that they had just gotten another white silver edition pathfinder and that he couldn’t believe that. I pulled up next to it and noticed it was the same exact car because it still had the previous owners beach sticker. So i told him it was the same exact car and he looked at me and stayed silent for a few seconds. Eventually he said that it was just a battery issues and that everything would be covered under warranty. For about 20 minutes he looked for the key and couldn’t be found so i left and told him to call me. Last night i got a call that he got a red silver edition pathfinder within my price range 21K. I went today and it was well over my price range at $26K. He again showed me the white pathfinder and I actually got to test drive it but told me not to turn it off. Everything was perfectly fine in it except the issues he trying to cover up but says it’ll be fixed and covered under warranty. The car fax is clean. I haven’t been able to find a Silver Edition or SV anywhere near me for the past 2 months so i don;t know if i should go ahead and get this pathfinder and deal with this guy or should i just keep looking until something else comes up? I also test drove a 2010 Murano SL and i liked it a lot but nothing compares to the Pathfinder.
if you buy from this outfit, imagine the support you'll get from them should you need it :wink:

AZ_Path

Re: Dealer purchase suggestion.

Postby AZ_Path » Fri May 01, 2015 1:05 am

CristianMTK wrote:I currently have an ’08 Pathfinder SE and i’m very much in love with it.
Anything wrong with your current Pathfinder? I wouldn't be in a hurry to get out of it and into a potential problem with this dealer. Be patient and find another place to do business with.

"Send it back to the factory" should have been a red flag. I don't think that ever happens. The dealer might have to get help from the factory to perform the work, but the dealer is the one doing the labor.

Return to “R51 General Chat”