UK spec windscreen washers & front headlight washers

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

Philfinder

UK spec windscreen washers & front headlight washers

Postby Philfinder » Thu May 07, 2015 4:29 am

Getting no pressure from windscreen washers front or rear, and pop-up headlight washers (housed in bumper - which activate at same time as wnidows) are NOT working.

Guy at garage I know says these are pressurized so the bottle(s) could need topped up....? Says I need to find out if its one bottle that supplies all three functions or two and then let him know where they might be situated In the vehicle and he'll sort them for me.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Philfinder on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu May 07, 2015 10:55 am

In the US, we don't have headlight washers, but the front and rear window washers both share the same tank, using a separate washer pump for each. I wouldn't think they would add a whole separate washer tank strictly for the headlight washers.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: UK spec windscreen washers & front headlight washers

Postby eieio » Thu May 07, 2015 12:13 pm

Philfinder wrote:Looking for a spot of advice. Just had my motor returned to me from the bodyshop where it was getting a spot of work done.

Getting no pressure from windscreen washers front or rear, and pop-up headlight washers (housed in bumper - which activate at same time as wnidows) are NOT working.

Bodyshop manager says these are pressurized so the bottle(s) could need topped up....? Says I need to find out if its one bottle that supplies all three functions or two and then let him know where they might be situated In the vehicle and he'll sort them for me.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks in advance!
yes, check your owners manual for the fill point(s) for your system(s)

Return to “R51 General Chat”