Fuel octane?

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:56 pm

disallow wrote:You can get ethanol free gasoline in many places in North America:

http://pure-gas.org/....
Get out of here with your facts and proof. I prefer to live on conjecture and make shit up as I go![/quote]

BCpathy

Postby BCpathy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:02 am

Terry is right, there's ethanol free gas everywhere, if you bother to look for it. Up here in BC you can get Chevron 94, Shell 91 and I haven't tried it, but heard of ESSO premium.

Down in washington state, there's pacific pride. They are "commercial ONLY". But everyone can get an account with Pacific Pride. There's plenty of Canadians that do it.

Question for TERRY FROM WINNIPEG.

Your winters are much harder than ours. Ever had any issues with fuel line freeze up in the winter, when ONLY using E0?
Or are you adding anything to the gas in your tank, each time you fill up?

Advise would be much apreciated

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:29 am

BCpathy wrote:Terry is right, there's ethanol free gas everywhere, if you bother to look for it.
Maybe more common in Canada, but certainly not "everywhere" south of your border. I've looked at the pure-gas.org site before and while there are a lot of listings, most are not actual gas stations or anywhere it's easy to buy auto fuel. There are only 67 listings in my state (Ohio) but the vast majority are marinas. Not easy to float the old Pathfinder up to the dock and fill up. Most of the other listings are at bulk-fuel plants or at equipment rental sites which may or may not sell to the public. The nearest actual gas station to me is 60 miles and I stopped once to check it out. They only carried it during the summer in a special pump marked "recreational". It was geared toward local boaters/jetskis users etc. It was $0.90/gallon higher than regular fuel.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:59 am

BCpathy wrote: Question for TERRY FROM WINNIPEG.

Your winters are much harder than ours. Ever had any issues with fuel line freeze up in the winter, when ONLY using E0?
Or are you adding anything to the gas in your tank, each time you fill up?
To be clear, I run 87 octane regular in my pathy, which here in Manitoba has 10% minimum ethanol.

However, in days past when they didn't put ethanol in the fuel, no I didn't have any issues with gas line freeze up. There are a few rules to follow in winter, keep your tank at 1/2 at all times, don't let it sit for extended periods, etc. If you follow that, you should be fine.

The gas refiners change the blend in winter to accommodate the cooler conditions as well.

Return to “R51 General Chat”