The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
2010 Electronice Memory Issues
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spenou1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: 2010 Electronice Memory Issues Reply with quote

Have a 2010 SE. My clock will not store changes. Every time I turn it off it defaults back to time prior to my change. It also doesn't remember what station it was on when it was shut off. Starts back on a random station.

I've seen reference to an extended storage switch in some places but I don't think my model has that. Any help, the wrong time is driving me crazy.

Thank you.
dano99

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny enough, I was searching this site for a fix for the exact same problem you are having. I too have a 2010. Hope someone can help us out soon.
Lazlor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject: Possible fuse blown Reply with quote

This behavior is common when the Radio main/constant battery feed is open. This is a twenty amp fuse located in the fuse link box. right hand rear of engine compartment just ahead of the Ipdm location. There is one connector between the engine harness and main harness this connector, is located in right hand kickpanel area. wire color is yellow at radio connector if you need to check there. This yellow wire is on the end of the connector.
nautiquefrk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am shaving a similar problem on my 2012 Pathfinder too I have posted but not gotten any responses
Ckarashowsky

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted the same question and had not noticed your post first. Mine will default back to the current time whenever I set it a few minutes fast, I also just noticed when I have the radio on and turn the car off and back on it will be on Aux input however it does retain the last station I was listening to when I do switch over to fm.
V8Pathy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had some issues with my clock on my 2008.. It kept losing time. There was a fix in the software and it has been fine since then. It was back in 2009 ish though so yours should have the correct software.
Ckarashowsky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Fixed!!!!! Reply with quote

After some research and messing around I figured out that it is the Extended storage fuse, the fuse is located in the glove box to the right and is located in a white fuse holder. My fuse wasn't blown but taking it out and putting it back in solved the problem. It is the only fuse in the panel enclosed in a holder so I assume it worked it's way out just enough to cause a problem. This fuse is responsible for retaining memory in the clock and host of other things, give it a quick Google it's actually quite interesting and obviously a pain too.
FLiPMaRC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Fixed!!!!! Reply with quote

Ckarashowsky wrote:
After some research and messing around I figured out that it is the Extended storage fuse, the fuse is located in the glove box to the right and is located in a white fuse holder. My fuse wasn't blown but taking it out and putting it back in solved the problem. It is the only fuse in the panel enclosed in a holder so I assume it worked it's way out just enough to cause a problem. This fuse is responsible for retaining memory in the clock and host of other things, give it a quick Google it's actually quite interesting and obviously a pain too.
Great info. Thanks Cool
dano99

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Fixed!!!!! Reply with quote

Ckarashowsky wrote:

Can you show me a pic of your fuse box. I have a feeling mine is different.
Kael2001

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a guide to finding it here:
http://www.nissaguide.com/nicon-914.html
Ckarashowsky

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Fuse box pic Reply with quote

Sorry I can't upload pics. Open your glove box it's to the right not in the box just covered by the box. Here's a link to an Armada panel but it looks the same, the fuse you need is on the right it's the big white plastic piece below the 2 10 amp fuses. Just pull to get it out.

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Nissan-Armada-Electrical-Fuse-Replacement-Guide/Nissan-Armada-Electrical-Fuse-Replacement-Guide-013.html
FLiPMaRC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fastone2007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I found this thread. We have a 2011 and the clock thing is driving me nuts. I tried pulling out and pushing it back in and it still will not hold the clock update. I'll get another 10 amp fuse and see if that works.
SteveFinn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was OK when the clock was 2 minutes slow and wouldn't hold the correct time....but now it's an hour and 40 minutes slow which can be confusing.

So, any trick to getting the long-term storage fuse out? And does this truly solve the problem?
thanks
dukeofdirt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject: My Bose Gremlin Reply with quote

I did the long term storage fuse remove/replace and went one better. I disconnected the battery for 15-16 hours thinking that would erase EVERYTHING...WRONG!
The radio presets were unchanged..the same as they were before battery disconnect. What is going on here???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: